94 Year Old Dies on Death Row

Help Support CattleToday:

Just Curious

Reaction score
A few days back these were the CNN headlines...
His violence went all the way back into the '40's... In his lifetime, he (apparently) wounded one police officer and killed two others! Again one being a police officer... The last being in 1982.. 28 years behind bars on death row at the taxpayers expense...
Well, after I calmed down, I tried to research it... What I found was that there isn't any real data (If you can believe that) to support that it's less expensive to execute a criminal than to allow him to be sentenced to life in prison without a chance of parole...
Which brings to mind this Army Major that killed those 13 people in Washington State... I would think that this case should be a slam dunk! But I have my doubts...

I agree with you JC..if they can prove without a dought the person did commit the murder, or has raped more than twice the death penilty, no use in jail taking tax payers money to keep the scum. then hopefully the prisons wont be so full.

Just Curious":2riy9txu said:
A few days back these were the CNN headlines...
His violence went all the way back into the '40's... In his lifetime, he (apparently) wounded one police officer and killed two others! Again one being a police officer... The last being in 1982.. 28 years behind bars on death row at the taxpayers expense...
Well, after I calmed down, I tried to research it... What I found was that there isn't any real data (If you can believe that) to support that it's less expensive to execute a criminal than to allow him to be sentenced to life in prison without a chance of parole...
Which brings to mind this Army Major that killed those 13 people in Washington State... I would think that this case should be a slam dunk! But I have my doubts...

Same for the major at Ft. Hood.....have trial, find guilty....carry out sentence. Same day

TexasBred":2x1w0i0f said:
Same for the major at Ft. Hood.....have trial, find guilty....carry out sentence. Same day
Amen!
But I'm sure that once our medical facilities are done patching him up, he goes through his arragnment and has to go through a psych evaluation to see if he competent to stand trial... That in itself should be interesting... Psych's evaluating another psych..., etc. etc. etc. I'll bet this will drag out for years... At our expense...
Then again maybe these are some of the 600,000 jobs that are coming!
One aricle that I read, says that an average prisoner cost about $40,000 a year to house... A prisoner in max security is about $70,000 per year... And to think that my wife and I together live on $25,000 a year...

we have a familiy here the old mans wife was 21 years in 1964 when a black man escaped a road crew and raped , tortured and killed his pregnant wife ... this man died in september in montgomery hospital.. but they didnt tell the familiy tell last week..my distant cousin a lawman shot him and wounded him said he wished over and over he'd raised his barrel

Just Curious":aoi7d49j said:
TexasBred":aoi7d49j said:
Amen!
But I'm sure that once our medical facilities are done patching him up, he goes through his arragnment and has to go through a psych evaluation to see if he competent to stand trial... That in itself should be interesting... Psych's evaluating another psych..., etc. etc. etc. I'll bet this will drag out for years... At our expense...
One aricle that I read, says that an average prisoner cost about $40,000 a year to house... A prisoner in max security is about $70,000 per year... And to think that my wife and I together live on $25,000 a year...

Yep! Ain't that the truth!

Caught red-handed with capital felony (or indisputable evidence),
Sentenced to death...
$10. worth of lethal injection drugs... (or lead bolus $1.00)
Priceless...

Running Arrow Bill":37b57mv3 said:
Just Curious":37b57mv3 said:
TexasBred":37b57mv3 said:
Amen!

Yep! Ain't that the truth!

Caught red-handed with capital felony (or indisputable evidence),
Sentenced to death...
$10. worth of lethal injection drugs... (or lead bolus $1.00)
Priceless...

I'm all for the bolus.

Latest posts