930 case

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
Have 930 case hydraulics have gotten really slow and weak. Took it apart filter plugged. Will this make the hydraulic work extremely slow. Or does the oil by pass the filter when it's plugged. This may not be the most intelligent question I've ever asked here

If the 930 is anything like a 574, the filter does have a bypass valve on it.. it can make it really slow, I've had it happen on mine.. I washed mine with solvent and blew it out with air, and it helped for a while, but the tranny must have had a bunch of crud in it that kept getting sucked on. My tractor also had a destinctive squeal in the hydraulics when the filter got plugged

Changing the filter could definitely make a difference. I have a 932 which is a square fender eight speed 930 Comfort King and is labelled as a 930. On it the hydraulic pump is located on the back between the pto and fuel tank it is a simple matter of removing a few bolts and the hose fittings to pull the pump off. If changing the filter does not help I would pull the pump and when it comes off there is a large I believe square shouldered rubber o-ring that can give problems and need replacing. The o-ring and pump gasket are both relatively inexpensive and if I pulled the pump I would just go ahead and change it. I have not done this for a few years now but it was easy to get the parts and it should only take a hour to pull and replace the pump the hardest part is getting the fittings on the steel tubes lined back up and started. Hope this helps.