878 Angus bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

:D
Anyone interested in trading out bulls or getting a bull in trade for heifers? I have a NC forage tested registered black angus bull 11 yrs old very active and healthy, trouble is my cows are getting older and we have saved replacement heifers from the cows bred by him, and are in need of a new bull. Would be interested in trading him also for some hereford heifers. We own one small hereford cow and with current bull,they have had the most astoundingly beautiful babies! Located in Southeastern North Carolina.

Thanks for the insight on this bull. Going to see the heifers next weekend and they will sell the 26th of this month. I will let you know how things sold.

Went to Matt Reynolds hereford sale this weekend and bought a cow calf pair.JHH

Scotty, js:

How in the hell do you know that the bull will work for this man?

How in the hell do you that he should try him?

More Angus breeder mentality, recommend the bull before we even know what the customer wants.

What a crock.

mtnman

Mtnman,
How in the He&& do you know they wont work!!!!!!! Just like an Angus basher, assume all Angus bulls are crap. Black Baldies are probably the most popular crossbred in the country. The calves will be very marketable and if he wants to keep the heifers they should milk very well.

mtnman, I just wanted to back up what jscunn and Scotty. I feel they are top water bait when it comes to fishing in the Angus pond. Keep reading what they tell you, and soon, you will be able to start up a conversation as follows, "Well, I was talking to Scott, (both of their names) and he said.........." It will be well worth your time to memorize that line. Soon you will be able to ask yourself the question, "Why in the hell did I ever question their intelligence?" Keep up the good work Scott and Scotty. ;-) I hope to see both of ya'll at the Sydenstricker sale. I will need opinions on the cattle I have circled in the catalog. Chuckie

I never said he wouldn't work, but that isn't the question.

I never even hinted he might not work.

I'm not the one that just leapt to a conclusion about how good he is, and how useful he is.

Near as I can tell, his progeny will not work in my area, unless you want to feed them a lot, so maybe you better find out more about where he works before recommending him.

mtnman

Just read an E-mail om him. Top 10% in breed for 13 catagories in the AAA EPD list.

Scotty

Scotty":1af316ip said:
+14503798

One of his sons. Check this guy out. One of many.

Scotty
Good potential for this bull. The negative scrotal epd doesn't impress me much, nor does negative Carcass %RP, but the Interim #s will possibly change that.

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts