851 new holland baler

Help Support CattleToday:

Its probably time to shorten the chain if you have tightened everything else.This is not a complicated procedure but you would do well to get an owners manuel and follow the directions. Whatever you do, do not cut the chain without first secureing the ends to each other by placing a sepatate chain around two bars on either side of the master link !!!!!!Not doing so will lead to a dangerous un rolling of the entire apron chain.Be careful.

Those balers have the big springs down the sides and settings on them. Like the above said if it is adjusted to the tightest on the springs you may need to take a link out of the chains. You can open the back door and drop the chain off the guides and get some slack then use a come along and do one side at a time. That is bringing back memories.

The only thing I can think of is going to the local equipment dealer and trading if off on a baler with belts!

novaman":3rtavdgz said:
The only thing I can think of is going to the local equipment dealer and trading if off on a baler with belts!
only thing stopping me is money and I've just about invested everything I'm going to ----At least till I see some money from these creatures :D

Carlos, I have an 851 AutoWrap and I have described how to tighten the bales in this forum. Do a search on my posts over the past 3 months.

Others on here are right on the money about the chain getting loose from you - be careful. I used a coil spring compressor to hold the chain together while removing a link.

Good luck.

I use my ratcheting fence stretcher. That way if I can pull it tight, lock it, and connect them with out having to worry.

Carlos D.":1fpv87hr said:
hey nova man

any place in north dakota I can buy used tractor tires --I need a 18 4 34 tire for the back of my 930 case
I did some checking around but that's not the most common size. Haven't come up with anything.

I
novaman":3r324n3o said:
Carlos D.":3r324n3o said:
hey nova man

any place in north dakota I can buy used tractor tires --I need a 18 4 34 tire for the back of my 930 case
I did some checking around but that's not the most common size. Haven't come up with anything.
Its OK I found a pair at my nieghbours good shape and for the best price -FREE-----thanks anyway----You can generally find what you need if your willing to wait---and have a good net worl of good old boys

hayrack":2oe8jyp1 said:
Those balers have the big springs down the sides and settings on them. Like the above said if it is adjusted to the tightest on the springs you may need to take a link out of the chains. You can open the back door and drop the chain off the guides and get some slack then use a come along and do one side at a time. That is bringing back memories.

Bad bad memories. :cry2:

Latest posts