8460 case ih

Help Support CattleToday:

LFF

Reaction score
Neighbor had a 8460 baler burn up today and I'm curious if the 8460 has a higher tendancy to burn up than other round balers? It seems to me that the self contained hydraluics may fuel the fire and it also appears to be difficult to unhook the tractor quickly. Anyone have any experience with that model baler and willing to share the good , bad, and ugly about them?

Thanks

i dont know if that make of baler has a tendency to burn.but what i do know is this a blown bearing a rock or a blown hydrolic line can cause a baler fire.so it could be any number of things to cause her to burn.

I have a 8430 that caught fire. It uses tractor hydraulics. I was lucky to have seen the smoke before the fire got out of control. I used my cap to beat the fire out. :lol:

On this one the fire started on the V-belt for the pickup reel. There's an arm that takes tension off the belt when the chamber is full so it'll stop the reel and not over fill the baler. With wear that belt had stretched and started to slip before the chamber was full and caused the heat to build up and caused the fire. Since then I change that belt every 4 years and haven't had that problem again.

Latest posts