845 New Holland

Help Support CattleToday:

Smith1000

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to hook up the manual bale tie on an 845 NH? I haven't had this baler for very long. It appears a part may be missing because it doesn't line up. Any input is appreciated. I don't have a manual for it. Either a part is missing, or the manual tie handle is for a different baler. It came with the baler, but they hydraulic tie was being used. Thanks.

View attachment 1

Thanks. I will have to try to find one. Maybe I can order the part from NH on-line. I might be able to make the piece, if I knew what it looked like. I may fiddle around with it more today.

Smith1000":ewan3hs8 said:
Thanks. I will have to try to find one. Maybe I can order the part from NH on-line. I might be able to make the piece, if I knew what it looked like. I may fiddle around with it more today.

Mr. Smith, the parts should be readily available from your local NH dealer. I have an 851 Auto Wrap and when I was using it my dealer was able to supply all the spare parts I needed from his own inventory - didn't have to order anything.

Thanks for the information. I am wanting to fix the manual tie because the tractor is only set up for one two-way cylinder (currently). I have the gate hooked up to the hydraulics. I need to get another valve to run the hydraulic tie.

Thanks for the parts diagram. I found the same diagram on-line last night and noticed part missing is #11, the yoke. I pieced a "yoke" together this evening out of some nuts and washers, so the manual tie it is hooked up now with the exception of the pin. I need to drill it and run the pin through it and it should be done. I'll work on the hydraulic hook up eventually.