80 degrees brings Sunbathing and Swimming

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Was such a pretty day I went for a walk into the bay. Saw some turkeys, a deer and found these fellas taking advantage of the warm weather.

This is the bay. Lots of things in there.
IMG_3274.jpg

Found this one sunbathing. When I snapped the picture I got to thinking if its warm enough for them to be out then it was warm enough for my legless friends to be out too. No sooner than this thought crossed my mind a long brownish snake shot out from the weeds in front of my feet. Haven't a clue what it was but it drew some goose bumps.
alli.jpg

This one kept eye-balling me.
eyes.jpg

Talking about your legless friends, a friend of mine killed a rattlesnake yesterday that was 6' long and had 15 rattles. There moving already even though we had lows in the upper20's this past week.

Monday
Mostly cloudy. Colder. Highs 5 to 10 above. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Wind chill readings 15 below to 25 below zero in the morning.

Monday Night
Cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow. Lows around 10 below. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph. Wind chill readings 25 below to 35 below zero after midnight.
Tuesday
A 20 percent chance of snow. Highs zero to 5 above. North winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tuesday Night
Mostly clear. Lows around 20 below.
Light and variable winds.

You do know that folks have gotten off with temporary insanity pleas in homicide cases for far less than what you put up... ;-) :p

80 Degrees :roll:

OldTimer, I really don't know how I'd make it through one of your winters. I'd probably just hole up in a cabin somewhere and never go outside. But I think the extremes kinda even out cause this is about as close to a spring as I will get. Next they will turn the sauna on and the humidity, heat, mosquitoes and other biting creatures will do their best to make us uncomfortable.

LaneFarms, a six footer would definitely ruin your day. My next door neighbor got bit last year. He still hasn't fully recovered. He got pumped good while working in his garden. I like to see them either dead or painted bright blue so they can't sneak up on you. :lol2:

I usually reserve this for my friend from MO, but .....

You Suck!

The weather folks are in a tizzy, big old storm forming, 12-24 inches of new snow, big winds. Did I mention.....

You Suck!

MistyMorning":27mg7n43 said:

You Suck!

The weather folks are in a tizzy, big old storm forming, 12-24 inches of new snow, big winds. Did I mention.....

You Suck!

Ditto... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :nod:

Power was out for 3 hours this afternoon and the generator was not working properly so waterers froze (that is the best thing ever thawing drinkers in freezing cold temps. :roll: ).....BTW it is -32 right now and another blizzard is on the way with gusts up to 45 km./hr and Tues. we get to look forward to a low of -41....

I agree with MM, you suck... :cowboy: I bet my new baby born yesterday is thinking wtf ????

MistyMorning":134u6ycm said:

You Suck!

You Suck!

Did I mention that Saturday I sat watching a soccer game and the temperature was 78. Had a nice cool breeze blowing on my back and the sun just warmed my face and arms. Birds were a chirping and I just laid my head back and had a peaceful nap with no gnats or skeeters to pester me. Oh, and they say its really going to be uncomfortable tomorrow. 82 degrees. I think I'll probably have to put the shorts back on and work on my tan lines. If winter lasted more than the 8 miserable weeks we must endure each year I just don't know what I'd do. :lol2: :mrgreen: :lol2: :mrgreen: :lol2:

Thank goodness your cold is a DRY COLD. RIGHT!?! :mrgreen: :lol2: :cowboy:

We cooked steaks on the grill this afternoon, Temp in the high 70's , gotta love this weather.
Misty Moonlite :wave: , put another stick of wood on the fire and put on one more pair of long johns. You may thaw out by July. :lol: :lol:

Had to break out the rubber boots today for the first time since last winter. . . . . . . . .Cows broke a fauce to a water trough. Filled the "lagoon" around it with about 6 inches of water. Thought about just ditching the shoes and socks but I didn't. I'll have another small patch of green grass in a few days. :p

Still 73 degrees (high was 81) and for a change virtually no wind at 7mph.

Well, when you add in all them creepy crawlies, slitherers, the crocogators, the humidity, and hurricanes and himicanes you guys have -- 20 Below and a few blizzards don't look quite so bad... ;-)

5 Below this morning- 15mph- 25 Below wind chill.. Wind is supposed to switch around to the east and go up to 25 mph...
Up 1/2 the nite checking heifers-but they must be waiting for the real cold to hit.... :roll:

It only got up to 80 here yesterday, and should be like for the rest of the week. I don't think I could stockpile enough whiskey to make it thru some of those winters up north....

grannysoo":1m9o9jvi said:
It only got up to 80 here yesterday, and should be like for the rest of the week. I don't think I could stockpile enough whiskey to make it thru some of those winters up north....
close too 80 here and will be tomorrow.......but as good as it feels, its this kind of weather that breeds the twisters.... too warm too soon for me, we are in that area too get hit by a cold front any time.

alacattleman":1tb2a05r said:
grannysoo":1tb2a05r said:
close too 80 here and will be tomorrow.......but as good as it feels, its this kind of weather that breeds the twisters.... too warm too soon for me, we are in that area too get hit by a cold front any time.

Winds are back to 20-25, temps in the 80's. Had a hint of fog this morning when the winds weren't blowing. Closest we've been to rain in 4 weels.

It was so hot yesterday sweat was dripping off of my shirt. Dry blowing dust kept sticking to me.

Say whatever you must say about us MM. Just send us some rain for pete's sake!

backhoeboogie":1gxzs831 said:
It was so hot yesterday sweat was dripping off of my shirt. Dry blowing dust kept sticking to me.

Say whatever you must say about us MM. Just send us some rain for pete's sake!

I heard that!

Jo I think I would rather have these wild hogs than them gaters.

And also BHB I agree on the rain,dry,hot and windy.
There is a fire somewhere south of me,don't know where but it's awfull hazy and sure smells like wood smoke. Scarey i'm telling you.

Cal

Latest posts