• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

8 and a half month old bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Bertch

Reaction score
i have a 8 and a half month old bull in with some cows. we do all AI and i dont want the cows that are open bred. however he was all over a more moderate framed cow today. He could just barely get up on the cow far enough to enter her. do you believe that a bull that young could breed her successfully? He is a purebred simmental.

mnmtranching

Reaction score
He got up there high enough to enter her. He probably bred her.

Tatertot

Reaction score
Agree with MNM. We run a terminal operation so we band all the bull calves shortly after birth and ship them at weaning. Its easy that way.

msscamp

Reaction score
Bertch":1xhxqd10 said:
i have a 8 and a half month old bull in with some cows. we do all AI and i dont want the cows that are open bred. however he was all over a more moderate framed cow today. He could just barely get up on the cow far enough to enter her. do you believe that a bull that young could breed her successfully? He is a purebred simmental.

Absolutely!

jcarkie

Reaction score
if he is fertile yet, they can definately do the unexpected. even though he is mounting he may not have the semen to settle.

randiliana

Reaction score
For us it is pretty simple, if there is something you don't want to happen, and you don't fix all the possible maybe's, then it WILL happen. If 6-8 month heifers can breed, there is no reason the same aged bull wouldn't be able to.

bigbull338

Reaction score
yes if he can reach her he can breed her.so im betting she will be bred to him.if you want to AI those cows.get that bull out of there asap

mnmtranching

Reaction score
jcarkie":2vb1t2j1 said:
if he is fertile yet, they can definately do the unexpected. even though he is mounting he may not have the semen to settle.

If this young bull is mature enough to penetrate. Dang sure he will get the job done. :nod: