7MM WSM reviews

Help Support CattleToday:

Bama":3vk2fgac said:
Don't hold me to it but I think the NATO round is 7.62. I don't load much military rounds as most of them have berdin (sp) primers. They have 2 holes in the primer pocket insted of 1 large. The 2 holes make it real hard to line up the pin to push out the spent primers.

The standard rifle round is the 5.56 NATO aka .223 Remington.

dun

Crowderfarms":cptmikw9 said:
D.R. Cattle":cptmikw9 said:
flaboy+":cptmikw9 said:
Here's the guns I have used over the years to kill Fla deer and hogs. I know the critters out west are much bigger than down here though.

Of the above I have probably killed more critters with the 243 than any other gun I have owned. Yes, I know about hunting with a rimfire. ;-)

With the exception of the .357, most deer in the US have been killed by one of those rounds. I've killed a pile of them with a 22 Hornet myself. Love that little stinger and don't ever plan on getting rid of it.
Now Boys, Isn't it illegal to use rimfire ammo on Deer???

Ah ha I got you again Crowder. See my comment about " know about hunting with a rimfire"? Oh and the 22 Hornet is center fire.

D.R., the Hornet is a 1936 Win Model 70. Handed down to me by my uncle. I had Win check the s/n and they told me it was made in 1936. I just love that gun but rounds are not cheap.

Mine's one of them old H & R single shot with a bunch of interchangeable barrels. Got a 12 GA, 20GA and a 44Mag barrel I can mount on the action. Yours sounds like quite a keeper.

dun":2e55h3lo said:
Bama":2e55h3lo said:
Don't hold me to it but I think the NATO round is 7.62. I don't load much military rounds as most of them have berdin (sp) primers. They have 2 holes in the primer pocket insted of 1 large. The 2 holes make it real hard to line up the pin to push out the spent primers.

dun

Where does the 7.62 come in. Now that you mention it the 5.56 does ring a bell. The 7.62 is about the same as a 308 isn't it? Did this use to be the standard?

Bama":3srdm597 said:
dun":3srdm597 said:
Bama":3srdm597 said:

dun

Where does the 7.62 come in. Now that you mention it the 5.56 does ring a bell. The 7.62 is about the same as a 308 isn't it? Did this use to be the standard?

The 7.62 NATO is the .308 Winchester. You're really dating yourself, the 5.56 became the standard military round during vietnam

dun

dun":3shoecmc said:
Bama":3shoecmc said:
dun":3shoecmc said:
Bama":3shoecmc said:

dun

The 7.62 NATO is the .308 Winchester. You're really dating yourself, the 5.56 became the standard military round during vietnam

dun

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not really dating myself. I'm showing my ignorance to be more percise.

Latest posts