7710 Ford Blower Motor

Help Support CattleToday:

Gunner

Reaction score
My blower motor died on me last week. Sounds like a bearing gave up and is letting the squirrel cage bang on something. Blows the fuse almost immediately. Does anyone know for sure if I have to take the top off the cab to get to it? I don't see any other way but I hope I am wrong. Thank you.

Series I or II cab? I know for sure on the series II the roof has to come up. It hinges in the rear and has two hold down bolts towards the front, there should be a rod under there to prop it up just like a hood.

chevytaHOE5674":2s4vh6b1 said:
Series I or II cab? I know for sure on the series II the roof has to come up. It hinges in the rear and has two hold down bolts towards the front, there should be a rod under there to prop it up just like a hood.
You can bet which everyone is the hardest to get too..is the one I'd have...

ALACOWMAN":1anu4yea said:
chevytaHOE5674":1anu4yea said:
You can bet which everyone is the hardest to get too..is the one I'd have...

The series II is actually easy as can be to get at, I found it's a good idea to put a dab of rtv on the two bolts when you bolt the cab back down - mine would leak in a heavy rain and fill up the interior dome light. While you're in there, vacuum out the evaporator coil and give it a good cleaning. I bought new weatherstrip from Lowe's and resealed the whole top, as well as fabricating an extra filter for in front of the coil out of a register filter. A/C actually works now...

Thank you all for your replies and advice. This is a series one cab so I still don't know what I am getting into but maybe they will not be too different.I had cleaned the intake side of the evaporator through the access panel for the filter in the cab. Local parts store had some evaporator cleaner in a spray can. I would soak the evaporator with it and then used a wet/dry vac to pull the dirt out. Had to fashion a nozzle out of pvc pipe and duct tape to get to it. Over a couple of days I used two cans of the cleaner. Could not get to the fan side of the evaporator from the cab side that I could see. Made a world of difference in the air flow. Had a feeling the fan was on its last legs. it was pretty noisy.
Thank you for the advice on the weatherstrip and silicone on the bolts. I would not have thought of that and would not have thought you could get weatherstriping to fit at Lowes.

You're welcome.

Dad had a series I cab on a 7600, but I never pulled the roof. From memory, it looks like a lighter weight assembly (molded plastic???) with a handful of bolts holding it down. I'm guessing a 1 person job to remove/replace the cap, whereas the heavier fiberglass roof on the II tractors need the hinge and prop rod to access underneath.

Latest posts