75 and counting

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Just turned 75 today and realized while reflecting on this that I have more birthdays behind me than in front of me.

When I mention that people always tell me that I should feel good about having reached a milestone. And every year is another milestone. When people claim that getting old beats the alternative, I sometimes wonder.

I was stationed in Iceland when I turned 25. Everyone made a point out of reminding me I was a quarter of a century, 2 and a half decades. Made me feel like a really old man. Now 3/4 of a century doesn;t sound near as old as that did

dun":a5th4m4u said:
When I mention that people always tell me that I should feel good about having reached a milestone. And every year is another milestone. When people claim that getting old beats the alternative, I sometimes wonder.
Most people that say that are still relatively young..

hurleyjd":5iri5cyt said:
Just turned 75 today and realized while reflecting on this that I have more birthdays behind me than in front of me.
Happy birthday. I hope what's in front of you is as good or better than what has come so far.

dun":2up9j8e1 said:
I was stationed in Iceland when I turned 25. Everyone made a point out of reminding me I was a quarter of a century, 2 and a half decades. Made me feel like a really old man. Now 3/4 of a century doesn;t sound near as old as that did

Were the cavemen friendly to you dun? :)

Happy Birthday HurleyJD

hurleyjd":1sv7b8is said:
Proud for you Mr. Hurley....keep on enjoying life. ;-) :bday:

the older we get the younger we feel.even at 50 im feeling my age and slowed way down.so you still have some time in front of you.

backhoeboogie":pal2tk6p said:
dun":pal2tk6p said:

Were the cavemen friendly to you dun? :)

Happy Birthday HurleyJD

Snicker....

Latest posts