7 gallons of puss...not for the faint of heart

Help Support CattleToday:

When i was Young (a few years ago) about the age of 15 my Dad had bought a Black angus bull. Well I was cleaning out the stalls (in a corner) when ol' onery decides he is gonna freight train me I proved him wrong with the pitch fork (which i still have to this day) So about 4 inchs into his shoulder braced against that corner stopped him. A week later you shoulda seen the pus the Vet and I got out of him after which for seemed like a eternity my Dad made me drain off him every day well ol' onery bacame my little pet after he got well again :lol2: Just thought i would reminisce. Have a good one folks

We had a bull with an injury right at the growth point of the hoof. It started to overgrow and had a lot of raw looking growth. We took him to the state university vet school where they cut it off and sutured it closed. That type of growth has a lot of blood vessels so the blood just poured as they cut and burned it closed. At least one of the vet students looked like he was going to pass out and eventually sat out.

The puss pouring out of this bull is about 100 times worse looking!

Now there are pics of a calf that had its rump eaten by coyotes, and a hydro head calf that had to be taken by c-section. I like this page, she is showing some real life things.

Latest posts