7 footer!

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I was pulling into the barn the other day and I saw what I thought was a piece of black rope. After a double take 'Peek a boo"! I drug him out. I guessed him to be at least 7' and as big around as a pop can! Bad picture but its the only one I took. B&G

Deepsouth":1jz2nc2n said:
M-5":1jz2nc2n said:
Deepsouth":1jz2nc2n said:
What kind of snake is it?

Black Snake

You always have to bring race up don't you.
I'm guessing he didn't kill it--or maybe he did--(I would have just because it's a serpent)
--you do know of course, that black snake lives don't matter..........just as all snake lives don't.

greybeard":12sigjz5 said:
I'm guessing he didn't kill it--or maybe he did--(I would have just because it's a serpent)
--you do know of course, that black snake lives don't matter..........just as all snake lives don't.

I won't kill a snake unless it's poisonous. While I'm not particularly fond of them, I hate mice and rats much more. And snakes eat a lot of mice and rats.

No! I don't kill snakes. I like him being in the barn. We had one in our barn as a kid we called Frank he was always up in the rafters! If I find a poisonous one up close to the barn, I just move them off somewhere else. B&G

Black and Good":t5872plh said:
No! I don't kill snakes. I like him being in the barn. We had one in our barn as a kid we called Frank he was always up in the rafters! If I find a poisonous one up close to the barn, I just move them off somewhere else. B&G

I regifted those 2 copperheads I came in contact with too... They were given to the buzzards stomach... Then the buzzards regifted those 2 back to mother nature in the form of fertilizer. :mrgreen:

If he was in my barn I would be fine with it. Of course I would have to build a new barn and abandon the one with the snake.

skyhightree1":co8fxr07 said:
Black and Good":co8fxr07 said:

I regifted those 2 copperheads I came in contact with too... They were given to the buzzards stomach... Then the buzzards regifted those 2 back to mother nature in the form of fertilizer. :mrgreen:

Sky, you know the poison in the snake will then get in your grass and your cows will eat your grass and die. I read that somewhere on the internet so I know its gotta be true.