7/26/13

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake":3vn3ad1m said:
Oldtimer":3vn3ad1m said:
Cows look good Jake... I really like that bull... The OCC Magnitude son I used got snakebit so only lasted one year-- but I'm sure liking the heifers we got from him in that one breeding year...

I sold a nice looking yearling son (Lazy Bar B Trackrunner 17506127) out of that bull to a friend of my sons that has a commercial herd with the right to first chance to buy him back in a few years.. I thought it would give me a chance to see how he grew out and what kind of calves he throws... He definitely has the genetic power behind him- so I'm hoping he might make us a herd bull in a few years...

Have you looked at the Sinclair dispersal catalog? I was looking through it last night. Not sure if I"m going to spend any money out there or not. Some pretty well bred animals with Rito, EXT and 6807 all in the three deep pedigree.

Yeah I did... They have a good herd of cattle... Maybe one of the better ones for maternal while not losing much in production...I'm to the point where I think my own heifers match or are better than most I can buy so are just using these as replacements...

My problem is finding bulls that I want to use that are within my family's pricing range (2500-3500) Makes it dam hard to find anything that still should have his nuts. Figure I can spend that much on heifers and build my own if need be.

Jake":1e8s26qf said:

My problem is finding bulls that I want to use that are within my family's pricing range (2500-3500) Makes it dam hard to find anything that still should have his nuts. Figure I can spend that much on heifers and build my own if need be.
thats my limit on one to................i figure i can always go up :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":37li8zou said:
Jake":37li8zou said:

thats my limit on one to................i figure i can always go up :cowboy:

I think grandpa about cried when we paid 3800 for one once. We've missed a lot of good bulls over the years for $1000 bucks and then pissed it away somewhere else. Guess that's just part of it :cowboy:

Jake":2xoeoyqr said:

Yeah that's the reason we first bought some registered cows 15 years ago...It was tough finding the bull genetics we wanted - without travelling a long ways or paying too much...And since then I've been more than pleased with what we built from them...

Too bad Jake that you aren't a lot closer- or you could slip up and look at the bull calves after we wean in the fall....We sell them for a much more reasonable price if they take them as weaned calves- and develop them themselves...This year all of our bull calves we saved to sell as bulls are sired by Lazy Bar B Juanada Rito # 16741353 which is beginning to show himself as a good mixture of Sinclair/Rito 707 and Cole Creek genetics... His granddam has produced some great progeny- with the 2010 calf selling for $8250 at the Cole Creek sale...

Oldtimer":2ge88o6q said:
Jake":2ge88o6q said:

Yeah that's the reason we first bought some registered cows 15 years ago...It was tough finding the bull genetics we wanted - without travelling a long ways or paying too much...And since then I've been more than pleased with what we built from them...

Too bad Jake that you aren't a lot closer- or you could slip up and look at the bull calves after we wean in the fall....We sell them for a much more reasonable price if they take them as weaned calves- and develop them themselves...This year all of our bull calves we saved to sell as bulls are sired by Lazy Bar B Juanada Rito # 16741353 which is beginning to show himself as a good mixture of Sinclair/Rito 707 and Cole Creek genetics... His granddam has produced some great progeny- with the 2010 calf selling for $8250 at the Cole Creek sale...

I sure wouldn't mind stopping by and looking at your stock when I'm in the area sometime.

Latest posts