6666 Ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Four Sixes Ranch is part of the famous Burnett Ranches LLC, which is among the most storied family-run businesses in Texas history. Founded by Captain Samuel "Burk" Burnett in 1870—when he purchased 100 head of cattle wearing the "6666" brand from Frank Crowley of Denton, Texas—Burnett Ranches today encompasses 260,000 acres including the Four Sixes Ranch headquarters, near Guthrie, and the Dixon Creek Ranch, between Panhandle and Borger—both located in the western half of the state.

They lived at the Waggoner Ranch and when in Fort Worth they lived with her mother Ollie at her palatial home at 4910 Crestline Road. Waggoner was not a faithful husband; one day she drove away, smashing through all the gates instead of opening them, and left the car running at the train station.
In 1944 she purchased the President Vargas diamond ring from Harry Winston for $420,000. The 48-carat emerald-cut ring was so heavy she couldn't lift her hand while wearing it. It was sold back to Winston in 1958.
Rich folk problems 😅🤣😂😆

My brain can't take in that much.... if the daughter got it than grand daughter than she past, who got the money when it sold?

It was bought by one of the creators of Yellowstone tv show
That is why it was brought up on Yellowstone . They are going to make a spin-off show for rhe 6666 ranch.
Good way to make money I guess
By a ranch make it famous by having its own tv show then pay your self royalties for all the merchandise sold since you own the name and the brand

Saw it on Yellowstone too and looked it up online. Fully stocked they have 6000-7000 head of cattle!
They switched from Herefords to Angus a few years back.

""By a ranch make it famous by having its own tv show then pay your self royalties for all the merchandise sold since you own the name and the brand""

See the business plan of the King Ranch. Their merchandise business is very large with their own clothing line and leather goods plus their deal with Ford trucks.

""By a ranch make it famous by having its own tv show then pay your self royalties for all the merchandise sold since you own the name and the brand""

See the business plan of the King Ranch. Their merchandise business is very large with their own clothing line and leather goods plus their deal with Ford trucks.
Mr TC bought me a F250 King Ranch when they first came out in '03. Followed by a King Ranch purse, which I still have (preserved in the closet). I still occasionally get their catalogue in the mail.

Did the family all pass on?? Where did the money go when they purchased the ranch I'm confused on that.

The 6666 is a couple hour drive west of me in some rough country, they're showing you the best parts of it on the website. Most is poor ground that mainly grows cactus and thorny brush like mesquite trees. Not much water in that area which is why it takes 40-50 acres per cow in a good year. Drought years you can count on 80-100 acres per cow. Likely their income from hunting equals or surpasses their cattle income. If you think of dry and desolate that's the place.

There is only one heir. She is extremely wealthy from more than the ranch. For all the money the ranch generated it would still be in the hole several million each year.

Who got the money when it sold? Did the state just get the ranch or what? Did they leave it to somebody or what? Did the Granddaughter Anne have somebody she left it too? If it was auctioned who did the money go too??

Who got the money when it sold? Did the state just get the ranch or what? Did they leave it to somebody or what? Did the Granddaughter Anne have somebody she left it too? If it was auctioned who did the money go too??
The lady who died in 2020 had one daughter, also named Anne. I believe she is in her 50s.

It was sold on the market through a realtor. No auctions or any thing.

The lady who died in 2020 had one daughter, also named Anne. I believe she is in her 50s.

It was sold on the market through a realtor. No auctions or any thing.

Okay when it sold where did the money go? What there any more family left?

Latest posts