6610 ford warning light

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
This light comes on my tractor usually when it's really pulling hard before it warms up. After a little while and the engine warms up it goes off. Happens mostly when it's hooked to the grinder grinding ear corn. The book says it's a air restriction light and to check air filters but both filters are brand new.

My 6640 air light stays on.Even after changing filters.Probably a sensor or short in the wire.Have you tried running it w/out the filter in clean air for a minute? :2cents:

JW IN VA":2deaptaz said:
My 6640 air light stays on.Even after changing filters.Probably a sensor or short in the wire.Have you tried running it w/out the filter in clean air for a minute? :2cents:

No haven't tried that.

I think that's pretty common. I run a few old Fords and about half of them that light stays on. Must be bad sensors or most likely a faulty ground. As long as you are sure your filters are clean and the pipe is not blocked just let her eat.

Ditto to what was suggested and also check for a mouse nest. Had that happen once. Still can't figure out how they did it but they did.

yep, mice can get into the darnedest places and plug stuff up, and air snorkels are prime spots..

That being said, if the air filter and rest of the system is clean, it's probably just an old sensor that's out of calibration... Right way to fix it would be to put a new one in, my way would be to disconnect it and put a manual air filter indicator on it, or none at all.

Latest posts