6 to 7 months abortion

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I every year have some cows to slip a calf at 6 to 7 months bred they are on breeding program to calf between sept 15 to nov 1 they are vacc and wormed around the dec. 1 and the cattle are vacc with lepto and vibro and bvd ibr pb13 the cow are in good body condition have lots of hay and minerial and pond that i think is average water source for a pond

Next time a cow aborts, have the vet send in an ear notch to be tested for BVD. Vaccines do not necessarily prevent some diseases. The cow has to be able to build up sufficient antibodies to protect the unborn calf. BVD can cause early and late term abortions.

mccoysangus":275siyha said:
I every year have some cows to slip a calf at 6 to 7 months bred they are on breeding program to calf between sept 15 to nov 1 they are vacc and wormed around the dec. 1 and the cattle are vacc with lepto and vibro and bvd ibr pb13 the cow are in good body condition have lots of hay and minerial and pond that i think is average water source for a pond

I'll try to give another opinion (if I interpreted your non-punctuated, run-on sentence correctly...no offense, just hard to read):

There is always a chance a heifer or cow vaccinated with Lepto and Vibrio AFTER pregnancy could abort. We had a cow that did just that. These vaccines should be given BEFORE breeding, according to some mfg info and some of our Vet's opinions. Don't know if this might have been your problem or not.

Running Arrow Bill":109bas9u said:
mccoysangus":109bas9u said:

I'll try to give another opinion (if I interpreted your non-punctuated, run-on sentence correctly...no offense, just hard to read):

There is always a chance a heifer or cow vaccinated with Lepto and Vibrio AFTER pregnancy could abort. We had a cow that did just that. These vaccines should be given BEFORE breeding, according to some mfg info and some of our Vet's opinions. Don't know if this might have been your problem or not.

Agree also have her tested for neospora

Latest posts