6 Month Old Bull Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
BullR1201pic2.jpg

This is one of or 6 month old bull calves. He weighed 605 lbs at 6 months. For our severe drought conditions I don't think that was too bad.

Jovid-

That is a good looking six month old calf - drought not withstanding! Beginning crest, well developing gaskins, deep flank, level rump. When his heart girth, spring of rib, and testosterone-influenced bone development manifest growth he will have the potential to be a fine bull. I hope that his EPD's balance his phenotype, and functional traits match his appearance!

DOC HARRIS

What's his breeding ?
I have lots of grass you can send him here for a couple of years a see how he develops :) Seriously he is very good looking individual that's hard to see any faults in at this stage.

goddy":282n1f6t said:
What's his breeding ?
I have lots of grass you can send him here for a couple of years a see how he develops :) Seriously he is very good looking individual that's hard to see any faults in at this stage.

He is out of OC Osage Red Boy and a Lazy S Aztec cow.

I would love to send him your way......a breeder that bought his full brother is interested in buying him.

DOC HARRIS":2xy0216d said:
Jovid-

That is a good looking six month old calf - drought not withstanding! Beginning crest, well developing gaskins, deep flank, level rump. When his heart girth, spring of rib, and testosterone-influenced bone development manifest growth he will have the potential to be a fine bull. I hope that his EPD's balance his phenotype, and functional traits match his appearance!

DOC HARRIS

Thanks Doc......he does have some of the highest EPDs in the breed.

I like the front half. I'd like to see him in a few months with his hind feet standing together. From what I've seen you have really good cattle and that is hard to do when you're working with a limited source of genetics.
Well done, he's a good looking calf.

Nice looking calf. I won't fight ya'll over him, but I will take that W-W chute and corral setup in the background.

Very nice! I love his shoulder. His neck ties in well and he looks like his hip and hindquarter will be as powerful as he matures.
Everyone is right, you do produce some very nice cattle - way above average.

Latest posts