6&7 Weight Calve Prices?

Help Support CattleToday:

JenkinsFarm7

Reaction score
I'm a small farmer in East Tenn. Just wondering if any person has a prediction on 6&7 weight Steer/Heifer prices for 2013.Wonder if the high prices will hold throughout the summer? Thanks

I don't see anything getting cheaper until may and maybe not then but that is normal. And then up and down until november and then back up.

I think prices will be good through August. But if you have enought numbers to make a load dont take a chance, buy an option to lock in the price.

kenny thomas":1iczx9yk said:
I think prices will be good through August. But if you have enought numbers to make a load dont take a chance, buy an option to lock in the price.
Thanks for the information I'll have about 25 ready this march then 25 more in august-sept.

denvermartinfarms":30boajp8 said:
I don't see anything getting cheaper until may and maybe not then but that is normal. And then up and down until november and then back up.
Thank you for the response.

Sold some steers last thursday that averaged 620lbs and got 1.60, that was more than fine with me, and i don't think they will be cheaper for a while.

I don't see 6 weights getting cheaper anytime soon. Will get higher in the spring I believe.

denvermartinfarms":1hljt16g said:
Sold some steers last thursday that averaged 620lbs and got 1.60, that was more than fine with me, and i don't think they will be cheaper for a while.
Thank you so much for the information.I hope to get that much out of mine. what kind of calves do you have?

JenkinsFarm7":1lotgm1g said:
denvermartinfarms":1lotgm1g said:
Thank you so much for the information.I hope to get that much out of mine. what kind of calves do you have?
Those calves were out of my cows, not one's i bought and fed. And these particular calves were out of half angus half brangus cows, bred to a in focus angus bull.

Latest posts