6.7 ram

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
My granddaughter is looking at a 2007 6.7 2500 ram. Any known ongoing problems or concerns she should be made aware of. Thanks in advance.

Don't. 10 year old Ram is a money pit.

The drivetrain will likely be solid, but things like A/C failures, electrical issues, etc. will bleed you dry.

Unless she really needs the diesel, I'd opt for a Chevy 6.0.

the 2007's had the fixed vane turbo, so no issues there... I think they had some cooling issues on the #1 and 6 cylinders under heavy loads, otherwise I think they were pretty solid.. If it's been deleted I think that gets rid of a lot of problems, as it does on any brand

Atimm693":3mfowrer said:
Don't. 10 year old Ram is a money pit.

The drivetrain will likely be solid, but things like A/C failures, electrical issues, etc. will bleed you dry.

Unless she really needs the diesel, I'd opt for a Chevy 6.0.

I think it all depends on how the truck has been cared for. I have a 05 and haven't had to do anything other than repair normal wear items like breaks. I did have to replace my lift pump but no other issues.

That is a bad year for all the auto makers. Stay as far away from that vehicle as possible. It probably fell under the buy back program the govt forced dodge to do.

I had an 08 that had a laundry lost of recalls. There were people being killed due to bad tie rods. My truck was also in the shop for over 2 months for emissions problems. The general quality of the truck was very poor.

I know the truck seems appealing because its probably cheap... but stay far, far, away.

Dodge has another recall going right now because of the Cummins motor in the new diesels.

Brute 23":1t39k16f said:
That is a bad year for all the auto makers. Stay as far away from that vehicle as possible. It probably fell under the buy back program the govt forced dodge to do.

I had an 08 that had a laundry lost of recalls. There were people being killed due to bad tie rods. My truck was also in the shop for over 2 months for emissions problems. The general quality of the truck was very poor.

I know the truck seems appealing because its probably cheap... but stay far, far, away.

Dodge has another recall going right now because of the Cummins motor in the new diesels.
+1

If I remember correctly that was the first year for the Tier 4 requirement and a lot of horrid stories from that year on. If I was buying used I would look real hard for 2006 or before. Some have had good luck with the latter models thou, but they still are a money pit waiting to happen compared to the pre-2007 ones.

I had a 2007 4.7 1500 (for the model year 2007 comment) and sold it in 2011 because I only needed 1 vehicle and had 3. Nice truck, had zero problems. Can't comment on the Cummins of that year.

My dad's pickup is a 2008 Ram 3/4 ton Diesel. Its been driven cross country twice. Only issue was at 80k miles DPF went out, had it deleted and never looked back. He considers it the most reliable pickup he's ever had, the 6.7 is a monster compared to the 5.9. We've really only had to due normal maintenance to it with the exception of u joints and one set of ball joints. Certainly better than the POS Ford he had before.

Latest posts