.58 Pedersoli Kodiak Express ML double rifle ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Hey, you muzzleloader guys -- Any of you know anything about this double barrel rifle? There's one for sale nearby, barely used, and Christmas is coming soon. Hubby's been pretty good this year.

I know the Perdersoli's are pretty good guns, but I know nothing about this one. Thx.

Kathie in Thorp":ls11wmkx said:
Hey, you muzzleloader guys -- Any of you know anything about this double barrel rifle? There's one for sale nearby, barely used, and Christmas is coming soon. Hubby's been pretty good this year.

I know the Perdersoli's are pretty good guns, but I know nothing about this one. Thx.

What is the rate of twist on the rifleing, are you stuck shooting conical's and round ball's?
I have taken plenty of game with conical's but you really need to understand you are not going to get the expansion you get with modern bullet's in sabot's. How much experience does he have with M/L?
I really don't care for double rifle shotgun or rifle as it add's another hazard level I am not willing to deal with.
After firing one barrel you are loading a front stuffer that has another barrel loaded you are looking down, if you forget to unprime that barrel.

CB -- Hubby has been shooting ML for . . . . . just counted it on my fingers and toes -- over 50 yrs. I have for 30. We aren't big on sabots or Knight rifles or similar -- we're round ball, traditional shooters. Law here says only one barrel could be capped at a time, but that still saves re-loading.

This one does have checkered stock, engraving, etc.

I own traditional and modern muzzleloaders they are not the same animal except you stuff everything down the barrel.
I shot a 1859 Pederosoli Sharp's 54 patched paper for several years was a tack driver. You just needed a radio flyer to haul the thing around. Now that is a breech loading BP rifle you put the conical in followed by powder close the breech and prime with a musket cap. Quality was very good back then.

Caustic Burno":1gya00ix said:
I own traditional and modern muzzleloaders they are not the same animal except you stuff everything down the barrel.
I shot a 1859 Pederosoli Sharp's 54 patched paper for several years was a tack driver. You just needed a radio flyer to haul the thing around. Now that is a breech loading BP rifle you put the conical in followed by powder close the breech and prime with a musket cap. Quality was very good back then.
Thanks, CB. Believe me, I know there's a difference between the traditional FL or cap guns, and the "star wars" in-line versions. And I know what the Sharps types are -- this one isn't. Have not found the information I wanted to find on-line about this .58 as far as twist and mfg'd suggested load, etc., so that's why I was asking. Cabella's WAS selling them.

A while back a friend of mine got one. He shot it for a while then shipped it back. It was poorly regulated . But one barrel shot really well and the other you couldn;t hit the broad side of a barn with.

dun":1i72qg27 said:
A while back a friend of mine got one. He shot it for a while then shipped it back. It was poorly regulated . But one barrel shot really well and the other you couldn;t hit the broad side of a barn with.

Thx, Dun. That's the kind of stuff I want to hear about. Got your PM; I'll research.

Latest posts