555 xl vermeer baler

Help Support CattleToday:

Here is one that just sold for $4620. On those condition is everything. The design on that model as the pictures show are almost exactly like my M and I balers. THey will bale hay and adjusted correctly will start a bale almost non-stop.

https://www.purplewave.com/auction/170808/item/DA1630/2004-Vermeer-555XL-Hay_Equipment-Round_Baler-Kansas

DA1630.JPG

scf84 said:
any one running a 555 xl vermeer baler? what are your thoughts on them? the good and bad.

I have a 554xl. I love it. It will eat hay as fast as my 5525 John Deere will pull it on the hills in my area. Make sure the pick up teeth are good and you really shouldn't have much trouble.

pricefarm said:
scf84 said:
any one running a 555 xl vermeer baler? what are your thoughts on them? the good and bad.

I have a 554xl. I love it. It will eat hay as fast as my 5525 John Deere will pull it on the hills in my area. Make sure the pick up teeth are good and you really shouldn't have much trouble.

they look pretty simple. i use a 505 super i and i love it. my buddy just bought a 555xl and is having problems. main thing the twine arms will not come back when fully extended some times. and also the bale will not eject by its self. i know the gate dont raise near as high as my 505. is the pto on the 555 with the belts turning supposed to push it out? it has the spring loaded kicker on the back, but it will not drop out of the baler until he gives baler a little jerk.

I never had any problems with the twin arms does his have a monitor or just a electric tie box? On the xls you are suppose to leave the pto on when you dump a bale. Again never had any problems with mine dumping a roll

he has the monitor.im not sure what could be keeping the bale from dumping. it was his first time to use it, and had a tractor break down and the hay had been cut for a week before he got the tractor fixed and ready. they hay was very dry, that could have had something to do with it because they was so dry and loose.

Latest posts