53 foot spread load out help

Help Support CattleToday:

jrod8184

Reaction score
So looking for some advice here need some help been hauling for couple years off the ranch in stock trailers for years never had a pot spread and just went and got one. Some one help me out on loading a pot any help wpuld be great

Thank yall in advance god bless

I've only helped load a couple of times. My sil used to pull a pot a couple times a week and I've quizzed him a little about it. The best I can tell, and what my gut tells me, load your heavies in the bottom and keep your cuts full. If they will fit in the front cut and the back cut, then don't spread them out in three. Too much moving around and weight shifting. You will have to use your own judgement on the temps, etc., but keep the cuts full but not extremely crowded, within reason. He usually wound up with about 48,000 on the trailer. 80 six wts or 60 eight wts, as a rule. What I don't remember is if it was 48 or 53', for sure

I have loaded gound loads and stock trailers but never one this long with 3/4 jail just tryn to figure head counts loaded 7 weigts 69 of the
I put 9 on bottom nose 24 top straiggt and bottom same and 13 on back