5093 and hydraulic question

Help Support CattleToday:

lifeofleisure

Reaction score
Ok I have a 22 month old JD 5093. When changing out the spear for bucket I noticed that one side tilted faster than the other. Could this be due to different hydraulic fluids from various machinery used with and interchanges with older Massey. Baler, rake, mowing machine, bush hog are all interchanged with the two tractors and each had who knows what from factory, or since used from original owners tractor.

Doesn't seem to affect anything but just curious what future problems might occur?

It happens to all of them. My 6100D does the same thing, did it from day one. There is no ay to equal the resistance of the cylinders with out an attachment hooked up.
I have the quick attach hook up and am going to wield a rod joining each side together to make them travel the same, equalize the resistance.

I think you have the rod between sides. One of the connecting pins is probably broken. The pins in mine break from time to time. Grade 2 bolts won't last for one bucket change. Either get the pins or grade 8 bolts.

Its probably normal. If nothing is attached, the cylinder with the shortest hydraulic line from the valve would move sooner. When it ended its stroke the other cylinder would speed up. You would see this more at idle. You could have a cylinder bypassing the piston internally but I doubt it. You could find out by swapping the cylinders and if the cylinder that was slower is still slower after being moved its binding or bypassing.

Turklillie is right, put a pin in the connector rod between the attachment knuckles.

Sizmic

Latest posts