500 Years from now

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/neil-deg ... ure-2017-6

About a month I was driving across the Highway 154 bridge over Lake Fork Reservoir and a thought came to me as what this would be like 500 years from now. Would it be silted in and grass and trees growing there. Also everyone here depends on the Wilcox aquifer for water, on this I thought will humans be able to depend on this aquifer. I run across this posted article and thought it would be of interest.

Trees in Lake Fork..go figure.
Couldn't be much worse than it already is.
00000013.JPG

And now they got that lyin' frenchman promising flyin cars. I think we all done heard that feces before.....

I took the time to read about him. Very educated, and interesting man. I doubt his opinion is any more useful than a popcorn fart in a whirlwind though.

Nesikep":k5vwmbxb said:
Cross-7":k5vwmbxb said:
I'd wager a million dollars we'll all be dead in 500 years
You're on!

I'll hold the money just to prevent one of you from trying to pull a fast one on the other.

The way the population has changed in the last 500 years , will mankind be on earth for another 500 years. Something will have to create a die off of mankind or the population will outgrow food production. :2cents:

cowboy43":3rcwux9m said:
The way the population has changed in the last 500 years , will mankind be on earth for another 500 years. Something will have to create a die off of mankind or the population will outgrow food production. :2cents:
Yeah, something will happen in that timeframe I'm sure... as fast as technology is progressing, there are somethings I just don't think we can foresee or develop in time... I think it'll be a famine cause either by corrupt supply chains, rioting/revolutions, or disease... war isn't out of the question either, perhaps in conjunction with other stuff

The risen one will return by then. He will take care of Lake Fork. Just worry about that really hot lake of fire.

In terms of geologic time, that is a millisecond.

What occurs on earth has no significance in terms of the Universe. In terms of our species and other species on this small orbiting piece of dust, species have come and gone. I doubt 500 years will make a profound difference.

Bright Raven":3580ggq0 said:
In terms of geologic time, that is a millisecond.

What occurs on earth has no significance in terms of the Universe. In terms of our species and other species on this small orbiting piece of dust, species have come and gone. I doubt 500 years will make a profound difference.
when every piece of good ground has a condo / skyscraper on it.. yea it'll be a big change.

Latest posts