50 Days

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Just realized that we are at day 50 of our breeding season and we only have 2 cows from the main herd left to calve. :D :D :banana:
Last fall at preg testing time we had 3 open, shipping one tomorrow. 1 cow aborted before January.
3 calves dead at birth and 1 died due to the cold :(
Calves lost were 3 heifers and 1 bull.
1 set of twins. :D

Just counted and we have 30 steers and 15 heifers. :D Not too bad.
Forgot to mention we have never had the cows and heifers calve out this quickly. We have in the past had at least 10 head left to calve at the end of this month. Now you know why I am happy. :D

sounds like your having a good calving season except for the dead calves.but your gonna loose some ever now an then.

I sure wish my steer to heifer ratio was like that.
I have a great calf crop except for 2/3 heifers.

i only had 4 after april first,and 2 more to calve i am getting there. i am at 55% heifers & 45% steers.

We are done. :banana: Finally. Last calf came this morning. Not too bad. We still had 4 left this same time last year.

Good deal. Now you get to get ready for BREEDING season.
Our 60 day 2008 breeding - turned out to be 68 day calving (few early - few late)
Started breeding 4-14-09 - have AI'd 40 head plus got 4 out of 6 implanted embryos passed over. Yahoo!!! Got 9 left I haven't caught a heat on yet - plus the AWFUL repeats - yuk - really really hate them. Will AI til end of this month than turn our bull out for 3 weeks.