5 Gallon Gas Cans

Help Support CattleToday:

CALM DOWN CROWDER !
You gotta get back on your medications boy ! First your ranting about voters - now gas cans, what's next ? I'm guessing you'll go to the drive thru and the cheese won't be lined up with the burger and both of them will be setting side saddle on the bun !!!!
(Hope that soda ain't got no ice in it either.)

Never mind - I guess I forgot that I could look information up on the internet. But I remembered and I did.

Beefy":l2u4eg6s said:
Gas cans always make my bloodpressure go way up. you will ALWAYS hear me cussing and fussing when pouring gas from a gascan. something to the effect of "I DONT KNOW WHY SOME*bleep*BODY DOESNT *bleep* MAKE A *bleep* *bleep* GAS CAN THAT *bleep* *bleepity bleep* WORKS." One of my pet peeves is getting gas or deisel on me, especially my hands.

Holy cow Beefy! I thought for a minute my husband learned how to use a computer!! I hear this rant every time he has to use one.... UGH!

cmjust0":h0b3os4i said:
I've got three 5gal cans made by 'Blitz,' two of which have the vent-in-the-nozzle deal.. The other was sitting in the barn when I bought the place, and had about 1/4" of fuel varnish in the bottom.

The two new ones don't pour worth a nickel, but the old one has a vent and pours great. Since it was crudded up, though, I just use it to haul water when I'm setting posts in concrete. Less spillage than a 5gal bucket and you can get better control of the placement/volume of water for each post. I've found that I end up being able to set more posts in between re-fills by using a 5gal can versus a bucket.

BTW, I've also found that the two new 'Blitz' cans pour better when you turn the cap about 1/4 turn out from being tight. Seems like it can get more air that way. I usually turn them tight and point the nozzle straight up for transport, and then turn them out a little and point the nozzle down before I start pouring the fuel.

cmjust0 leave the top on the five gal bucket.
That way you can cap the spout. no spillage.
When your useing the plastic 5 gal pails it is easier to control the flow with the spout on the side next to you.
Try it you'll like it.

Bullbuyer":1szmfyc4 said:
CALM DOWN CROWDER !
You gotta get back on your medications boy ! First your ranting about voters - now gas cans, what's next ? I'm guessing you'll go to the drive thru and the cheese won't be lined up with the burger and both of them will be setting side saddle on the bun !!!!

I'm sure I might be able to think about something else...I did go to Sonic the other day, and them young girls must be eatin' all the profits up.The one that brought out my Sweet Tea, was so dang big she almost dented my truck door.

Crowderfarms":3xufodf4 said:
Bullbuyer":3xufodf4 said:
CALM DOWN CROWDER !

I'm sure I might be able to think about something else...I did go to Sonic the other day, and them young girls must be eatin' all the profits up.The one that brought out my Sweet Tea, was so dang big she almost dented my truck door.

So at last we know where you recruit your gals. Maybe they get free eats for working there. :lol:

On a serious note: I read somewhere that the valves were taken out of gas cans because somebody decided that too many fumes were being vented into the air. Apparently this leads to some heavy duty pollution. I think it started in Conn. and then California picked up on the idea and it went from there.

Crowderfarms":1m9ngxvo said:
Why did they take the vents out of plastic 5 Gallon Gas Cans?Was it because some dummy spilled his in a trunk because he forgot to fold the vent cover down? I've drilled holes in most of mine, because it takes forever to pour one til it's dry.

Im sure there are certain things in this world God put here to to teach us patience and tolerance ---Had a neighbour one time :who would run out of fuel because he was to busy to stop and fuel up.

carl

Latest posts