5-0

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
Last year Mikel Leshoure set the school single game rushing record with 330 yds vs. Northwestern. Today AJ Jenkins set the school single game receiving record with 268 yds against the same team. I don't care how they do it, a win is a win. Down 28-10 midway through the 3rd quarter the Fighting Illini lived up to their name, scoring the winning TD with 16 seconds left in a rousing 38-35 victory. I don't live and die with any sports team like I used to but it feels good.

http://www.fightingillini.com/video/ind ... 4570713001

I was able to to watch part of them game, they just do what it takes to finish the game and get the win. They should shoot up the polls being 5-0 and higher ranked teams losing..... Like A&M, sorry TB, somebody needs to tell the Aggies they can play better without their hands clinching their throats in the 4rth.

Pretty sweet feeling being one win away from a bowl and first place in the big 10. Now on to 1-4 Indiana ...... Any scent of roses yet? :D Maybe a little early.

Alan

Tell me about it Alan. Best team in the country for 2 quarters. Worthless then last 2. Congrats to your Illini Van.

Thanks, TB. I can't take any credit but I will say I've gone through a lot of smokes in the 4th quarters of the last 3 games. In recent years we'd have found a way to lose those games. I'd say it's a good sign that we're finding a way to win them for a change.

Too early to be talking roses yet, Alan, but we do have one thing going for us and that's a VERY favorable schedule. Eight games at home is a good start. Our 4 road games are at Penn State, Indiana, Minnesota and Purdue. All very winnable games but you can't take them for granted. Our toughest games are at home vs. Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State. Wisconsin looked really good last night. Gonna take a complete game for all 4 quarters to beat them. I think we can beat Ohio State right now but in two weeks, who knows? They've got a lot of young players and a new coach. If and when they start to gel they're gonna be a dangerous team. Michigan is hard to figure, but they seem to be on the rise. That Robinson kid looks unstoppable and they can put a lot of points on the board so we'll have to get the offense cranked up for that one. Remember last year they beat us up there 67-65 in 3OT so I'm looking for another wild one this year. Don't have Iowa, Michigan State or Nebraska on the schedule this year so that's another plus. Kinda nice feeling like we've at least got a chance in every game. Hasn't been that way around here much lately.

Heck, if we could play defense like we did against ASU and offense like we did in the 4th quarter yesterday, we'd have one heckuva football team. But it doesn't work that way, does it? Either way it should be a fun ride.

I watched most of the Nebraska Wisconsin game, Wisconsin looks very very good, they have one heck of a QB. IMO they looked better against a highly ranked Nebraska than Stanford did against a well beaten up UCLA. Just my thoughts but Wisconsin should be in the top four. Boise needs to drop 4 or 5 spots (sorry kathie, but one of the main reasons they are so high is because some idiot keeps giving them a first place vote :D ). Stanford down a few, really don't know who should be at the 5 spot, lots of shake ups yesterday. Although Stanford, BS and Oregon are all top ten teams. It should be interesting to see how far up the polls the Illini and Michigan go.

Just a side note, the 0-5 Beavers are sure stinking up the state this year. Until Thursday night and ESPN with Cal in Eugene!

Go Ducks!
Alan