4H Calves, updated pics

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here they are after the clip job. They look just a bit better.....

Curley
before
tn_DSC08266.jpg

After
tn_DSC08317.jpg

And Buddy III

Before
tn_DSC08268.jpg

tn_DSC08259.jpg

After
tn_DSC08320.jpg

tn_DSC08318.jpg

"Buddy 3" looks allot cleaner with the clipping job, he looks quite a bit more balanced. I would get him on some barley, corn or barleycorn and try to get some more fat on him. Based off of your post you have 3 weeks left you can get a little more finish on him in that time. The last week try some beet pulp to give him that full look also.

Looks good and good luck.

VCC":32iyzfty said:
"Buddy 3" looks allot cleaner with the clipping job, he looks quite a bit more balanced. I would get him on some barley, corn or barleycorn and try to get some more fat on him. Based off of your post you have 3 weeks left you can get a little more finish on him in that time. The last week try some beet pulp to give him that full look also.

Looks good and good luck.

Thanks for all the comments!!

VCC,
He is getting about 20 lbs of barley a day. I expect he should put on another 60-80 lbs, he will be close to finished, but maybe not quite there. The coooold winter we had sure slowed the gaining down, more than we had realized. Oh, well, he is what he is and not much more we can do for him. I'd use the beet pulp, but really don't know where we would find it in this area.

he will be close to finished, but maybe not quite there.

I have never shown that I didn't feel another two or three weeks could have done the world of wonders for my animals.

Don't underestimate what can be done in 3 weeks, though.

KNERSIE":3aisk46x said:
he will be close to finished, but maybe not quite there.

I have never shown that I didn't feel another two or three weeks could have done the world of wonders for my animals.

Don't underestimate what can be done in 3 weeks, though.
:nod:

they look very nice. wow she really IS curley! but a cutie! and buddy III looks great.

Thanks everyone for the comments. We had our 4H achievement day on Monday, and the kids did quite well.

Jordan placed first in cloverbud grooming, and 3rd in Showmanship and Project animal (there are only 3 cloverbuds and they all got a first ;-) )

Matthew placed 4th in the light weight class, the steer weighed 1140 at the show and was the heaviest in his class. And he placed 3rd in Junior showmanship. We were happy with how he did, and I think he was too. His steer behaved for him very nicely, so he had fun too.

Latest posts