4CTophand

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
VanC":1ru4lxk8 said:
4CTophand":1ru4lxk8 said:
ChrisB":1ru4lxk8 said:
I must really be doing something wrong if it is only supposed to take 50 minutes to plant 15 acres with a 4 row planter. Maybe I just need bigger seed and fertilizer boxes, and then shift up a couple gears? I drive way faster cutting hay than planting and I can't cover ground that quick.

with a four row old JD 71 you can cover some ground in a hurry for just a deer plot --- 15 acres and mebbe you need to look at those gears a lil closer there is more than one there and I guarantee if you had your ground worked ---conventionally and ready to go I can cover a measly 15 acres in 50 minutes for a deer plot -- not my problem you cant.. I could give you some lessons

Sounds like you're the one that needs a lesson. Seeing as how you're in the habit of making some pretty wild claims I thought I'd ask a friend of mine about this. He's been farming about 1400 acres of corn and beans for 35 years and his Dad did it for over 50 years before him. He says with a 16 row planter at 5-6 mph he can do about 20 acres an hour. When I told him you said you could do 15 acres in an hour with a 4 row he laughed and said you're flat out lying.

In case you missed it, would you like to respond to this?

P.S. I know who you are..............sparky! :lol:

VanC, your right!

If you just do the math you get 26+ acres per hour with a 16 row (30 inch rows) running 5.5 mph running not stopping for anything; no turns, no stops to fill!

16 rows X 2.5 ft / row X 5.5 miles / hour X 5280 ft / mile = 116160 square feet planted in one hour.

116160 ft divided by 43560 feet / acre = 26.66 acres per hour.

No surprise, go look at the breed boards, he has posted five different topics on bulls in the last few hours, and one of them is down right rediculous! :nod:

hillsdown":1yuxh51u said:
I just told Mr. HD he takes to long to seed..He's fired ......... :lol2:

I don't blame ya! Lay him off so he'll have to draw worker's comp. At least until spring anyway. Be sure to give him one of them golden parachutes deals and my wife and I will see ya'll in Abacco. ;-) (We'll be those oily lobster looking things laying by the pile of beer cans on the beach) :nod:

Tommy, I understand your math and it looks sound to me but do you reckon that being he is planting with a 4 row planter that he's planting faster? Afterall, less friction, 75% less seed, and has quite a bit less weight to pull too. And maybe too, he has his Trimble GPS system set for a 500 meter offset. 500 - 1000 meter offset is what I suggest if you ever go to plant 100 acres of okra. Gives ya more time at the ASCS office so you don't miss some program.

Jogeephus":1byf6p9t said:
hillsdown":1byf6p9t said:
I just told Mr. HD he takes to long to seed..He's fired ......... :lol2:

I don't blame ya! Lay him off so he'll have to draw worker's comp.

Noooooooooo Jo! If you lay him off, he can draw unemployment. That ends too quick. If he gets hurt, he can draw workers comp forever. I don't know of any restrictions on getting hurt, so if Mrs. HD whacks Mr. HD over the head with a frying pan for being too slow, it should qualify. Mr. HD just needs to be in on the deal with Mrs. HD in order that he not press charges. Then..... he can be on the dole forever!

By the way, I noticed that 4CBigHat still has not responded. Perhaps he's to busy with those million dollar cows to speak to the little people.......

By the way, the short school buses had air conditioning. That's more than you can say for the long bus. :nod:

Angus Cowman":4qou3i5q said:
I wish he would tell us his opinion on putting cattle panels on the floor of your stock trailers

That's easy. You don't even need for him to come along to know what he's going to say.

4CBigHat":4qou3i5q said:
You're stupid. So is every other peon on this board. That's why I'm here. Because I am KING of the stupid people! The cattle I dream about wouldn't dream of loading in a lowly stock trailer. They walk beside me going across the Sea of Jericho to get to the market.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

grannysoo":2cgzpsoy said:
4CBigHat":2cgzpsoy said:
You're stupid. So is every other peon on this board. That's why I'm here. Because I am KING of the stupid people! The cattle I dream about wouldn't dream of loading in a lowly stock trailer. They walk beside me going across the Sea of Jericho to get to the market.

That. Is. Hilarious!! :lol2:

angie":1ffnq2zl said:
grannysoo":1ffnq2zl said:
4CBigHat":1ffnq2zl said:

ROFLMAO :tiphat:

Jogeephus [quote said:
4CBigHat":unt50yhf said:

ROFLMAO :tiphat:

WHat Jo said :tiphat: :tiphat: :clap: :clap:

angie":xka5o4bm said:
grannysoo":xka5o4bm said:
4CBigHat":xka5o4bm said:

Moses parted the Red Sea....4C parted the Sea of Jericho...Heck I didnt' even know Jericho had a sea.. maybe it's dry. :lol: :lol:

Calman":3rn6a64y said:
I aint laughed so hard since the hogs ate my little brother. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Cal
I was so ugly when I was born, Mom tied a Pork Chop around my neck just to get the Dogs to play with me.

Crowderfarms":2a4h8ild said:
Calman":2a4h8ild said:
I aint laughed so hard since the hogs ate my little brother. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Cal
I was so ugly when I was born, Mom tied a Pork Chop around my neck just to get the Dogs to play with me.

Same here Crowder,the only thing was the dogs didn't like pork chops but the flies sure did.

Cal

Latest posts