45 HP Kubota with Cab

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
I'm looking to swap my 50 HP JD (open station) for a smaller Kubota. I a little familiar with Kubota but I am told the AC in them isn't any good when the outside temp is much over 80F. Anyone with experience on the Kubota small cab tractors that can give me more info? Also, the glass is not tinted so I'm assuming that will help keep it cooler.

A lot of kubotas I see have the windows tinted very dark because of the a/c. A friend of mine had problems years ago so the dealer tinted the windows for him. Hopefully kubota has fixed problems by now

Like any of them if you keep the radiator/condensor/intake filters clean and proper Freon/pag oil levels the climate controlled cabs might no freeze you azz off, but they beat eating dust and wiping the sweat. Also on mine every 3-4 years I take the shell off the top of the cab and clean the evaporator/vents/fan out. Driving a tractor in a dusty field is not like driving your F250 up and down a paved road. A tractor AC is more about maintenance and a lot get neglected. A neighbor complained about his Kubota AC and I took one look at the condenser and it was completely plugged. If no air can get between the cooling fins it is not going to cool very good. The older Kubota's have very small fins on their condensers and are more prone to plug, newer one have wider fins. If kelp clean they work just as good.

Last edited:
I have owned 8 Kubota tractors and 1 had poor A/C. They have fixed the problems. I have found that tinting the windows makes it had to see at night when backing up.

Thanks. This one is a 2012 model and my BIL has it. He is a local new/used farm equipment dealer and his son (and a few others) was telling me this about the Kubota a/c. He never made a mention about maintenance but I can see where that would be an issue.

Latest posts