$425 for fake muddy jeans

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
"On its website, the department store is selling a $425 pair of jeans that is covered in fake mud.

The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans feature obvious splashes of what Nordstrom calls "caked-on muddy coating," giving the effect of being worn on a day in the dirt.

In its description for the pants, the company says they "embody rugged, Americana workwear that's seen some hard-working action" and that, when worn, they show "you're not afraid to get down and dirty.""
I wonder what I could sell them with genuine cow flop on them, I may be sitting on a fortune.

Saw that today. Reminds me of when they were selling jeans that had been shot with a shotgun. Guess someone will pay the price.

Jogeephus":e0kamu3q said:
Barnum was right.

So true, this is really sad. Really $425 for muddy jeans? I can fix that, work here for free, buy $30 jeans, leave in a couple of hours after working ..... serious, it's sad.

I have a bunch that have mud, blood (bovine and human) and authentic cow poop. They're for sale at $100/pair. PM for details.

I am going to have to check this out. My youngest sister is fairly high up at Nordstroms corporate office in Seattle. Maybe they will be interested in half worn Wrangler cowboy cuts with real mud and cow flop. I am one step ahead of the rest of you as I have a line straight to the top. It pays to have connections.....

I occasionally give a young person a hard time when I see them wearing jeans with holes and faded patches. If they reply "Yes" when I ask if they bought them that way my usual response is "I've thrown better pants than those in the trash."

I been racking my brain trying to come up with ways to make money back on the farm. Dave, PM me and I'll help your sister with her career at Nordstroms, or better yet maybe we can open a Gap-like store selling holy muddy jeans and faux workware.

The jeans I am wearing right now are worth a fortune. Everything on them is real no fake stuff. We got blood, cow poop, cow snot, mud, hydraulic fluid, oil, and grease, and they have all been worked in good promise to never wash out.

I just lost $425.00.... I had a pair of Wranglers that had so much cow poop/mud caked on them I was
Wearing them outside and taking them off in the garage for two weeks waiting for enough mud to fall off to even put them in the washer. Wife washed them Sunday :(

Carhartt has a competing deal right now - buy 12 pair of model B18 jeans and they will ship to you authentic Detroit dirt to smear on them for free.

15 years or so ago I was with my daughter in a nation chain clothing store and saw some jeans hanging on the rack.Told her mine used to look that way when I worked in the stockyards sorting co-mingled cattle.Mom would wash mine,though.I'd take them off when I got home and throw them in the yard overnight.

Latest posts