$425 for fake muddy jeans

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":r88f3u3c said:
JW IN VA":r88f3u3c said:
I'd take them off when I got home and throw them in the yard overnight.
Me too, but it was because they were full of seed ticks.. :mad: :yuck:

GB,

I haven't heard of anyone getting into seed ticks in probably close to 40 years. Have you seen the same? And if yes, do you suppose the fire ants got them?

JW IN VA":10vdw06l said:
15 years or so ago I was with my daughter in a nation chain clothing store and saw some jeans hanging on the rack.Told her mine used to look that way when I worked in the stockyards sorting co-mingled cattle.Mom would wash mine,though.I'd take them off when I got home and throw them in the yard overnight.
Mine got hosed down--with me in them.

I will spend a ridiculous amount of money on jeans because I'm hard to fit but no way would I fork over $425. That said, having lived in Scottsdale & Austin, I guarantee they will sell. :roll:

Rafter S":2l1hzq3i said:
greybeard":2l1hzq3i said:
JW IN VA":2l1hzq3i said:
I'd take them off when I got home and throw them in the yard overnight.

GB,

I haven't heard of anyone getting into seed ticks in probably close to 40 years. Have you seen the same? And if yes, do you suppose the fire ants got them?
Been about that long I guess, (mid to late 60s) but the memory is like yesterday.
That's what everyone says--fire ants caused their demise, but I also read nowadays, that what we were seeing was the larval stage of a tick. 6 legged larvae. But if that's true, we still have ticks here...just don't have seed ticks, so that explanation don't make any sense.
All I know is, when this county did away with open range, the seed ticks disappeared too.
I learned to avoid what we called french mulberry bushes. Brush against one, and them things would fall off on to your britches legs and boots like brown sugar out of a sack and come up your pants leg in a big cloud.
Took them off b the hundreds with duct tape but my legs and ankles were still an embarrassment when I went to gym class or swimming.
Bring back memories Rafter?
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/ ... kao64k.jpg

greybeard":3p7n52wu said:
Rafter S":3p7n52wu said:
greybeard":3p7n52wu said:

GB,

Been about that long I guess, (mid to late 60s) but the memory is like yesterday.
That's what everyone says--fire ants caused their demise, but I also read nowadays, that what we were seeing was the larval stage of a tick. 6 legged larvae. But if that's true, we still have ticks here...just don't have seed ticks, so that explanation don't make any sense.
All I know is, when this county did away with open range, the seed ticks disappeared too.
I learned to avoid what we called french mulberry bushes. Brush against one, and them things would fall off on to your britches legs and boots like brown sugar out of a sack and come up your pants leg in a big cloud.
Took them off b the hundreds with duct tape but my legs and ankles were still an embarrassment when I went to gym class or swimming.
Bring back memories Rafter?
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/ ... kao64k.jpg

That does bring back a few memories, but we didn't use duct tape. When I'd come home from stomping around in the woods and be covered up with them my mother would make me go take a bath with something added to the water that would kill them. I don't remember for sure, but I think it was rubbing alcohol.

Latest posts