41 magnum vs 44 magnum

Help Support CattleToday:

The odd ball stuff is all you can find now. Anything common is long since sold out. May or may not be starting to be able to restock after tomorrow.

Guns as a whole right now are high. Demand is outpacing supply.

Just the world we live in over the last 10yrs or so. To protect our farm, I carry a 22 mag revolver on a daily basis. During hunting season i carry a larger caliber for a day or two til I fill the freezer. But back to my coyote killer. I like to hunt with my Ruger Redhawk and my Remington .270 all weather. Just wish I had more time to play in the woods.

I have a Taurus 66 .357 with a 12 in bbl that I used to hunt with years ago. No reason to trade it out. It's accurate and easy to shoot with a lifetime warranty. Had a few other over the years, good revolvers.

Just the world we live in over the last 10yrs or so. To protect our farm, I carry a 22 mag revolver on a daily basis. During hunting season i carry a larger caliber for a day or two til I fill the freezer. But back to my coyote killer. I like to hunt with my Ruger Redhawk and my Remington .270 all weather. Just wish I had more time to play in the woods.

I have a Taurus 66 .357 with a 12 in bbl that I used to hunt with years ago. No reason to trade it out. It's accurate and easy to shoot with a lifetime warranty. Had a few other over the years, good revolvers.
I bought one of the 12" Taurus for $400. Kept it a while and never shot it. Sold it to a dealer for $410. A month later watched him sell it for $1000. Should have known it was not common.

I acquired mine through a trade 15- 20 years ago . I had a Glock 23 .40 cal and thought it was useless, and out the door it went. Not a glock fan. Square, bulky, plastic, things I want no part of. I enjoy all types, I prefer metal wheel guns to most.

The odd ball stuff is all you can find now. Anything common is long since sold out. May or may not be starting to be able to restock after tomorrow.

Guns as a whole right now are high. Demand is outpacing supply.
I have plenty of 32-40 stockpiled. Don't have to worry about borrowers.

I acquired mine through a trade 15- 20 years ago . I had a Glock 23 .40 cal and thought it was useless, and out the door it went. Not a glock fan. Square, bulky, plastic, things I want no part of. I enjoy all types, I prefer metal wheel guns to most.
I carry a Glock model 32 357Sig but don't like a Glock at all. That being said, it is lined up to kill a turkey at 100 yards and never fails to fire and never jams.

I carry a Glock model 32 357Sig but don't like a Glock at all. That being said, it is lined up to kill a turkey at 100 yards and never fails to fire and never jams.

I was living in Florida at the time so I thought a plastic gun would help with corrosion from summer humidity. It was just too bulky to hide in my shorts and a t shirt. Smith .38 snub took it's place.

I don't speak Glock, eat pork or vote liberal and believe gun contol is essential....................................... for accuracy

I like to be the one in a tree when bear hunting.
I use a 45-70 with 400 grain hand loads.
It smacks them down.

and you can get a 45-70 hand gun...

I like to be the one in a tree when bear hunting.
I use a 45-70 with 400 grain hand loads.
It smacks them down.

and you can get a 45-70 hand gun...
If it's in the tree it's safe from me. It's the ones that are too big to climb that usually hurt dogs.
Who makes a 45-70 handgun? Don't think I want to try that.

SS how do you like them? I would think that the 30-06 would be pretty snappy and plenty to take a bear. The 22-250 probably is no slouch. Have you taken any game with them? I eyeballed one of the 45-70 ones at one time pretty hard just for bear hunting that way I could just carry one size shell. Maybe someday just for fun.

I think the best pair would be a nice lever action carbine in .460 s&w and a 5" barrel revolver chambered the same way.

And heck being in a tree only helps grizzly hunting a black bear can out climb a squirrel.

We had a brushed stainless 45-70 BFR from MR. It was a heck of a round in a revolver. My father let his girlfriend shoot it from the bench..... it split her head when the bbl connected. It was the last time she wanted to try to shoot ANY rifle round out of a hand gun. LOL!

MN allowed center fire pistols in shotgun "slug only" deer zones. Don't think the ruling Democrats knew about Magnum Research.

Extremely accurate off a rest. Cannon breach and good trigger.

I have taken deer with the SS 30.06 and 125 grain ballistic tip hand loads. I did a spot and stalk on the first deer I shot with it. Was feeling pretty proud as I leaned up on a dead tree and squeezed. Muzzle brake blew a big cloud of tree bark back into my face... Don't know where the round went. Buck ran aways, stopped, and looked back over his shoulder. Slipped the next one in behind the last rib for a quartering away kill shot.

Best for shooting from a blind, or as a run and gun back up. Was a time when I often carried two guns.

Last edited:

Latest posts