40 DEGREES TODAY!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Its 75 degrees warmer here today than it was 5 days ago! I cant get anything done on account as I just want to keep settin on the tail gate and do a lot of sunnin!

It was the coldest day in a week or so here high of 22 and will get down to zero tonight..and than darn wind..Thank goodness babies pop out and are practically running around within a few minutes (touch wood). I had two born at the exact same time today..I don't know which numbers to give them as I do it in order of how they are born.. :lol2:

So far all my purebreds except Mandy have had heifer calves.. :banana: Now if all my commercial cows would have bull calves I would be in cow heaven..I know wishfull thinking.. :roll:

We're in the 50's, and snow is melting everywhere. The ice is doubly hazardous, with all that water running across. I was takin' little baby steps while I fed this morning.
Now we can get back to a normal winter here--mud.

Pickles, Isn't this nice! didn't even load the fire during the night. :D Went ice fishing, took off a couple layers. Cows standing in the sun painting. :roll: dogs spent the whole afternoon frolicking.

A reminder though :oops: Record low for today is -54 in 1996 i believe. It can still get purty cold. :shock: :help:

mnmtranching":zurz9zlo said:
Pickles, Isn't this nice! didn't even load the fire during the night. :D Went ice fishing, took off a couple layers. Cows standing in the sun painting. :roll: dogs spent the whole afternoon frolicking.

A reminder though :oops: Record low for today is -54 in 1996 i believe. It can still get purty cold. :shock: :help:

Yes indeed mnm, tis sure nice! I just needed a little thawin out for a couple of days, I think I can make it through to spring now! :D

It was over 60 here today. Spent the morning trimming up the apple trees.

I love it when the snow slides off the steel roofs at the ranch. Now I got these 6 ft piles along the buildings :roll: Maybe the nicest day yet today. :nod: .

Its 36 here today!! Didn't even need a jacket. I am feeling so optimistic about spring :D :D . Some snow melted off the roof of the barn and buried my car though.

Warm is great just hate MUD. Just got in from feeding and left 18" ruts. Going to get worse as the week goes on. Anybody got a front wheel assist they could loan me for about 8 weeks? :) :) :)

Pickles, HOLY CRAP :shock: You getting rain in Nimrod? Can't walk down the sidewalk here! Get a little warm spell and look what happens :help: School closed, gonna be an adventure driving to the ranch.

mnmtranching":i8qad81y said:
Pickles, HOLY CRAP :shock: You getting rain in Nimrod? Can't walk down the sidewalk here! Get a little warm spell and look what happens :help: School closed, gonna be an adventure driving to the ranch.
Rained all day here today. It was 38 and so far none of it has froze on the roads ~ but they are anticipating that, I saw the trucks spreading sand and salt earlier. Snow is melting like crazy.
This Rocks!! :nod:

angie":2l88xuxy said:
mnmtranching":2l88xuxy said:
Rained all day here today. It was 38 and so far none of it has froze on the roads ~ but they are anticipating that, I saw the trucks spreading sand and salt earlier. Snow is melting like crazy.
This Rocks!! :nod:

Early Spring in Minnesota is a combination of words seldom used. Snow is gone here, but we'll get covered up again. You won't see real Spring until...I'll shut up. Didn't mean to rain on your parade. :oops:

john250":1ar1d6d4 said:
Early Spring in Minnesota is a combination of words seldom used. Snow is gone here, but we'll get covered up again. You won't see real Spring until...I'll shut up. Didn't mean to rain on your parade. :oops:

Why ya always picking on us John? :D

Rained all night here, lost tons of snow. When it refreezes it's gonna be treacherous out there!

Latest posts