4 year old Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":6g9qjdcn said:
Murrey Gr bull is plenty deep. Would like to see more length in neck, back & rump. May have too much shoulder as other said, but I'm not sure about that. Would like deeper flank. Small, which is typical of the breed. All in all, decent bull.

Charolais has tons of lenth of neck & body, but a little short in the rump. Also would like to see him deeper in the flank. In "working clothes" but appears to have ample muscle (which the breed is known for.) Good clean front end.

Don't know what the 3rd bull is. Appears to have a long neck, reaching for feed. NEVER take a "head on" shot of cattle - looks awful. Big head - no body. I realize you were playing with him, but I know I would never post such an awful shot for the world to see of Macho. Eeeks - talk about a picture worth a thousand words. Anyway, nice that they all have good dispo.
The second bull is a reg murray grey, not a char

CopeMan":1u7jgsl1 said:
What kind of bull is he Wilson?

Wilson_Cattle_Company":1u7jgsl1 said:
jesse1.jpg

jesse.jpg

Dad names every animal he looks at :)

This bull is Jessy I feed him from my hand at feeding time real gentle :cboy:

I got ornery and flung some hay on his haid' he dont care...

Reg. Black ANgus

J&T Farm":279zynrv said:
This is a 2 yr old (feb22 03 birth date) out of that Springer bull. We use him for our heifer bull. He throws about 50 lb calves. We had 20 calves this year and they all slipped right out. The date is wrong.

000_0853.jpg

Are you saying that this bull is out of Springers little bull?

aussie_cowgirl":tdko2ow8 said:
shorthorns come in 3 colours, red roan and white. the white shorthorns were used in the origin on the murray grey. the grey bull needs more length and is too high in the flank therefore too small in the rump. he also looks as though he might be too strong in the shoulders. the silver is long but is really lacking in the backend. he also needs some more condition. without it he looks like a blonde d'aquitane lol

The story has it that the breed originated with an aberdeen angus bull and a "roan" shorthorn cow that had nothing but grey calves out of several different angus bulls over the years.

The murray grey breed has taken the calgary stampede carcass competition for the past two - three years or so.They are also known for having an extra large ribeye section. ;-) :cboy:

J&T Farm":3pn3d8vs said:
own son. HE grew out a little longer than his daddy.
I think an animal that produces better than itself is a very good thing:)
No offense to you Springer, but I do like the length of his son--

Susie

Latest posts