4 team college football playoff

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about the new college football playoff system that starts in 2014. while I don't know what the perfect selection process would be I have a problem with the one they settled on. A committee will choose the (their) best 4 teams. While they have a criteria such a strength of schedule and if they won their conference, a team can be chosen for the playoff even if they did not win their conference. So me, as a non SEC guy, got no help on that so called championship game last year, it was a sleeper, remember Bama LSU. I can already hear SEC fans screaming they should have at least two or maybe three team in the playoffs...... That means you too TB :D . Independents can get in like Notre Dame, but sorry Kathie no help for your Boise St. kids. I guess time will tell if it's a better system or not.

If the playoffs were in effect last year the top 4 team according to the BSC oops BCS poll were LSU,Bama, OK St., and Stanford. So both SEC teams still in, but at least OK St. (probably) would have been in with one loss. Stanford would have probably made it as the 4 seed. Oregon was at #5 with two losses one to LSU and one to USC, but we beat Stanford on the farm, but Stanford beat USC, USC beat us ..... In Eugene :oops: . So maybe it will be all those PAC 12 guys screaming they should have two in :D

Just some ramblings during my morning cup of joe. Any thoughts?
Alan

Alan...I"m an Aggie...could care less how many SEC teams do or don't make the playoffs. Conferences don't mean anything to me. The best 4 teams should be in it no matter who they are or what conference they are in....deciding who those will be is where the politics and back office deals will come into play.

TexasBred":b6frydp2 said:
Alan...I"m an Aggie...could care less how many SEC teams do or don't make the playoffs. Conferences don't mean anything to me. The best 4 teams should be in it no matter who they are or what conference they are in....deciding who those will be is where the politics and back office deals will come into play.
:nod: it's far from perfect, but it's a sight better than what we had!

I agree that the best four teams should play for the title regardless of who they are. Just like last year, if the best teams have already played each other then so be it. How they choose those teams is another story. They're gonna have to come up with a committee that everybody trusts and even then somebody's gonna scream bloody murder because they didn't make it in. The number of teams isn't gonna make a difference in that respect. Somebody will always think they got the shaft. Oh, well.

Bottom line: we went from a two team playoff to a four team playoff. Not much to get excited about in my book, but it's a start.

Latest posts