4 pics of the ice

Help Support CattleToday:

Holy Moly, John! Great pics...but brrrrrr, shiver, shiver...

Alice

I remember when that happened up here afew years ago. We been lucky, nothing has happen like that since then, except for the wind. The bloody wind up here somedays seem like a hurricane is coming through. The bright side is, the bush that we wanted to clear is already half done for us! :banana:

Got the same thing here John, the timber is very heavy with ice. I'm lucky, my power is still on.

yeah.. brrrrr shiver shiver....... almost makes me want to put my jacket on, now where did i put...... oh there it is, almost didnt see it for all the cobb webs on it :p

That looks like it does around here every year the end of May.. :???:

Glad you guys didn't lose your power John, thanks for the pics..

Australian":30z4i8bi said:
Do you get sick of the bitter cold or do other times of the year outweigh the inconvenience?
Colin

Bitter cold is relative. Canada and South Canada (Minnesota and Montana and Michigan) have it far colder. I'm looking at temps around 0 C.
But yes, I'm sick of it. And in April, we'll have a new growing season. I like it here. Everyone has weather, and this is ours.
Lots of folks with no power (electricity) here because of tree limbs falling on lines. That's bad when it is cold. A great many homes are heated with electric. Our power company has imported repair crews from North Carolina. We are that desperate. :)

Watching the evening news, 350,000 in AR. without power, could take 3 to 4 weeks to get everyone on. I worked for the power company for over 30 years and i don,t miss it at all.

john250":1sdbt0ug said:
Australian":1sdbt0ug said:
Do you get sick of the bitter cold or do other times of the year outweigh the inconvenience?
Colin

Bitter cold is relative. Canada and South Canada (Minnesota and Montana and Michigan) have it far colder. I'm looking at temps around 0 C.
But yes, I'm sick of it. And in April, we'll have a new growing season. I like it here. Everyone has weather, and this is ours.
Lots of folks with no power (electricity) here because of tree limbs falling on lines. That's bad when it is cold. A great many homes are heated with electric. Our power company has imported repair crews from North Carolina. We are that desperate. :)

They tell us 1 to 2 weeks to get power. Trees down everywhere. Cell phones have been down and some water plants are down. They say over 600,000 here in Ky without power. There is power a 1/4 mile from here but ours is dead. Trying to run some on a generator to keep the fridge and freezer cold. Once it thaws out I got a mess of trees and limbs to clean up. Anyone nee firewood?

ICE_CU1.gif
Those are great pics, looks very cold. Glad it is with you and not us, it is cold here but thankfully not that cold. Thanks for sharing, bet it looks lovely in the summer in that patch.

a picture of a car where my daughter has just come home from, how about scraping this off of the van in the morning???????

ice-storm-van.jpg

Latest posts