4-h pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

elwapo

Reaction score
here are some pictures of my daughters 4-h projects. She had a very good show.
This red f1 angus x gelbvieh steer won overall rate of gain out of 84 steers entered (3.96lb/day)
2007_4h_steer.jpg

this is her reserve grand champion heifer
Reserve_Grand_yearling_.jpg

congratulations, that is of of the best steers and heifers posted here in the time I am a member of this forum. Very well brought out as well.

BOTH calves are terrific! You have done a fine job helping your daughter with her project. You both have every reason to be proud of her work! (By the way - KEEP the heifer!)

DOC HARRIS

Thanks for the comments. Dont worry Doc that heifer is not going anywhere. My daughter is off to the Canadian National Junior Gelbvieh show with her string this July. We hope she does well there too.

those are a couple of great looking animals. congrats with them, and good look at the nationals

Beautiful daughter...beautiful animals! And an awsome show! Life is good! Congrats to you all! :)

Alice

Really Nice heifer Elwapo.She should do well at the July show.They both look good.What age did you cut the steer?Good luck with the show and I look forward to seeing the heifers pic in the next Gelbvieh mag.

Thanks Hillsdown
The steer was born in april to our Red Angus cleanup bull and was castrated in mid may. His dam also raised WJW Xzibit, a bull we sold last year to LC Cattle Co.
Here is Xzibits picture as a yearling
IMG_2407.JPG

As a rule we cut most bulls born after March.

I was thinking maybe he is out of Canyon but the coloring is hard to say.I really like that nice red it is a very soft color.After seeing the pics is it the lighting or is he a softer red.Nice bull by the way I have actually heard some good things about him without knowing that he came from you.

I really liked that Garth son you had "Sambuca"?He was very impressive if I had more blacks you would have seen my name on the list .I am looking for a new Blk AI sire to add; all but 5 are heifers any suggestions?

Anyone else reading this heifer means anything under 2 or so that has not calved yet.

Hillsdown
The steer is a fairly dark red. His sire was an Icon son that I purchased from U2 Red Angus. I would recommend advantage for heifers. He is a proven calving ease bull and produces daughters with excellent udders. I imported a fair quantity of Montana Infusion this spring. He is a seven star tenderness and carcass bull raised by Don Danell. He is reported to have thrown all easy birth calves this first year. I used him on all my black heifers this year so next spring I will be able to confirm his calving ease. I may part with a few straws if you want to try him.

elwapo":1ir7r6ph said:
Hillsdown
The steer is a fairly dark red. His sire was an Icon son that I purchased from U2 Red Angus. I would recommend advantage for heifers. He is a proven calving ease bull and produces daughters with excellent udders. I imported a fair quantity of Montana Infusion this spring. He is a seven star tenderness and carcass bull raised by Don Danell. He is reported to have thrown all easy birth calves this first year. I used him on all my black heifers this year so next spring I will be able to confirm his calving ease. I may part with a few straws if you want to try him.

That sounds great.I will probably just need 5 to 10 max for straws.I still really like that sambuca 635s.I would definately try a few straws from him.

I sure changed my views from wanting all gold to a few black.That first black I purchased from TSCC changed all my biases.Now I love the reds;and blacks;as well as my favorites the golds.Not to bad for a dairy Holstein farmer.I will PM you my address.

Latest posts