4,004 pound Chianina Bull Possibly biggest bull ever.

Help Support CattleToday:

Now that is what I call one darn big moose of a bull. How can that bull ever breed anything. I mean, he is probably 6' or taller at the shoulders.

THG

I was researching Chianinas recently and read that the record was 4300 pounds.

THG":3lv1aplk said:
Now that is what I call one darn big moose of a bull. How can that bull ever breed anything. I mean, he is probably 6' or taller at the shoulders.

THG

AI. I wouldn't let that moose out of a stud barn.

Brandonm2":ek4kssix said:
THG":ek4kssix said:

THG

Thats what i was thinking, but wouldnt his calves be huge??

Katy

Chianina's where known for their height "back in the day". I can remember when they were used for producing show calves. I've seen some other breeds with pedigrees going back to a "chi" as well. Seems like they were popular back in the 80's when every breed seemed to be 6' tall!

Canadian_Cowgirl":2wwwn94j said:
Brandonm2":2wwwn94j said:
THG":2wwwn94j said:

THG

Thats what i was thinking, but wouldnt his calves be huge??

Katy

The cow size is a limiter on calf birth weight. Big mature cows shouldn't have too much problem.....though I wouldn't test any cow I owned with a bull that size.

The largest live bull I've ever seen was a 15 yr old beefmaster. He weighed over 3000 lbs. He was a giant and gentle as a kitten.
His calves weighed between 75-85 lbs. I watched him mount a cow while I was there. I was just in aw of how something that big could be so easy with the cow.

That is a big bull. I would have sold him before he died maybe got $60 $70. live weight. :D

Lassiter was a HUGE bull. Even though fullbloods aren't very common any more ( or any big cattle ). I don't think I would stuff my bull. Whatever floats your boat.

Lord have mercy that is a BIG BULL. I would have never even attempted to go anywhere near that thing.

Geis Gambler was exported to England I believe in 1991 and when mature he weighed in excess of 3800lbs. Big Bull, pictures are impressive. Despite his size he looked to be the right kind.

sparkydown.jpg

sparkybev.jpg

Saw the article, it was awesome. I would like to have seen him in his hayday. I bet he was really massive in person, he looked massive in the photo. People look at us funny when we have longhorns and people look at us when we get massive horns so I can only imagine the looks for the size of that bull.

This is learning article, enjoyed viewing the site`s. Chi cattle do get big no doubt about that, I used them as a cross once 30 yrs. back and had calving trouble BIG TIME even used CE bulls (all AI) 1400 lb. cows had 125 lb. calves. my largest was 129 had to pull everytime, lost couple calves. Just my experince. I`m sure they are good cattle but, not my choice at all.

blk mule [/list][/code][/quote]

Latest posts