34-0-0 fertilizer cost

Help Support CattleToday:

lynnmcmahan

Reaction score
Called the co-op first thing this AM looking for 34-0-0 and much to my surprise he said $25.65/50#. I assured him there must be a mistake and he assured me the mistake was mine. So I tool on up to the local farm supply and again much to my surprise they wanted $25.75. Ouch!!! The same 50# cost $14.60 last week. That's an eighty percent increase.
Finally called my feed dealer and got a $14.00 price. Had to drive 100 miles one way but figured I saved a little over $900 on the 2 tons.
What's the price in your area?

18.99 yesterday at our co-op. I'm almost tempted to get sacks and spoons for my kids to fertilize our little 3ac corn patch.

M5farm":2pm2ekum said:
18.99 yesterday at our co-op. I'm almost tempted to get sacks and spoons for my kids to fertilize our little 3ac corn patch.
Good idea, I thought about giving my wife a ton for mothers day but reconsidered :lol:

695/ton. Went up a hundred since 2 weeks ago. Salesman said it would be up another hundred by month end! I don't know what to think- time to rethink Bermuda and all these other high nitrogen dependant roughages.

lynnmcmahan":3huz36dh said:
Called the co-op first thing this AM looking for 34-0-0 and much to my surprise he said $25.65/50#. I assured him there must be a mistake and he assured me the mistake was mine. So I tool on up to the local farm supply and again much to my surprise they wanted $25.75. Ouch!!! The same 50# cost $14.60 last week. That's an eighty percent increase.
Finally called my feed dealer and got a $14.00 price. Had to drive 100 miles one way but figured I saved a little over $900 on the 2 tons.
What's the price in your area?

Thank the EPA again as the have regulated a lot of the NH3 (amonia plants) out of business.
We were producing in excess of 17 million tons a year a few years ago, we are down to 10 million ton's now.
http://www.fertilizer101.org/sources/?seq=3

Latest posts