3 Year Old Hereford Bull (photos)

Help Support CattleToday:

jhambley

Reaction score
I thought I'd start another Hereford thread :D

Here are some photos of my three year old bull, D Advance 630. He was used on about 30 cows this year.

Oct31.jpg

Oct32.jpg

Oct35.jpg

WallyOct.jpg

jhambley":3fc0o5kb said:
I thought I'd start another Hereford thread :D

Here are some photos of my three year old bull, D Advance 630. He was used on about 30 cows this year.

Oct31.jpg

Oct32.jpg

Oct35.jpg

WallyOct.jpg

Lol he looks sleepy or something in the pics.

Nice bull, would like to have seen a little more depth, and maybe a bigger set of nuts for a 3 year old, almost looks like he only has one in some of the pics. He would have looked a lot better polled. :)

alacattleman,

I'm not planning on going to the Debter sale but I'll probably be down your way sometime in Oct or Nov to visit Mr Hathcock in Dallas, Ga.

JH

Hard to find the perfect bull. I agree I would have liked to see a larger set on him. I think he has enough guts though.

what is the issues with small ones?

Sporder, university studies have found a correlation between scrotal size and the early sexual maturity of a bull's daughters. So even if a bull has sufficient size to settle your cows, you may be giving up a bit of early sexual maturity. Like everything else, the middle of the road on scrotal size is best.

JH

I think the bull looks great, but the proof is in the progeny. They are a very nice set of calves!! :cboy:

Bull looks good. Calves look good. I wonder if any breeder on this board ever had problems with late maturing heifers?
Herefords daughters are very early maturing to start with from what I know.

here i go again. 33% of this bull is his heart foword. no rib and pigmemt on the eyes . i was in the hereford busnus for years. in south tx the sun will kill a cow in 5 years if she do'nt cover her eyes with some color. and our cattle buyers will not buy heavey frouted cattle with no top.

Latest posts