3-year old bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Fine looking bull....oh my, put him on some brammers, down here, make some simbrahs, and then cross that with a hereford or angus, that will put money in a commercial cattlemans pocket.

Jeanne,
Great looking bull! Did you do the halter breaking? That is one fine Simmental animal you have there. I know you are proud to own him. How many gals do you have him with? Again, he sure is nice! Congrats on such a fine animal.

jaydill":cldpz4yt said:
Curious...what's wrong with black?

My preference is for red. With our marketing good red calves bring the same dollars as good black calves, the operational word being "good". I've been kidding gene about that black vs red bull of hers for a good while

dun

i prefer red, white-faced simmentals. i like herefords that way too.

but hes a nice bull. is that cotton he's standing in?

:oops: I'm blushing. REALLY appreciate all the great comments. I was holding my breath, we have some really tough critics on this board. Always "dangerous" to post an "iffy" pic, can't afford bad PR on him.
Dun & I have a running "tease" on his color.
Cuz-Pat - I halter broke him myself (I actually do all our breaking). He was EASY - walked on halter in 1 day. Still a sweetheart.
Ollie- I know there was a 3 year old red bull in the show, Freedom (he's with ABS).
Milkmaid - My dad (86 years old) is holding the halter (he was sooo excited) and I'm standing next to him.
PureCountry - he's a 5.6 frame - real short stout package - weights about 2300# ?? haven't weighed him for quite some time - he was 2200# this past summer. He is real popular with the "clubby" people and PB Angus breeders.
Certherfbeef - thanks, he's just as sound as when you saw him. Just delivered him to DependaBull and had a semen check, he's still great. Wintering him there. No, we don't plan on going to Ohio Expo. I'd rather take the $1200 it costs me & put in national ads - at this point - now that people out there have seen him live 2 years.
Jake - actually - he has been super deep from day 1. As a calf, he was raised (Sept born) in our "pampered" group winter lot on mom's milk & baleage. People would ask about him & we would say "well, he's deep". We weren't real impressed with him til we took some of his "wool" off.
Beefy - cotton :shock: right now, I sure wish that cotton would come back. It poured last Friday/Sat & yesterday. Mud Mud Mud. Not what we should have for January.

Again, thanks all.

Jeanne the young girl that had the string of Simmentals had all red but one and all good . The best one was that good big red calf. I do remember her name . It was Laramie. She had them presented well and they were good stock.

OOHHH - that's Laramie Smith with SilverTown Farm. One of the top & best herds around. Has a lot of REDS, has a lot of bulls in stud. I think that's a Thumper son. They are locking up his semen - only major expensive packages getting sold.
She is one great gal. Super smart, cattle knowledgeable, great with the cattle, a real "work horse" - and she's still a junior!

The lead off bull calf for her in the yards was a stinger.

We quit using Stinger because they were HUGE calves & he also threw spots, if the cow was a carrier. But, they sure were beautiful - lots of muscle, long, clean fronted. We really did like them.

Sorry Jeanne, stinger was an description not the sires name.

dun":1a3kzuhb said:
jaydill":1a3kzuhb said:
Curious...what's wrong with black?

My preference is for red. With our marketing good red calves bring the same dollars as good black calves, the operational word being "good". I've been kidding gene about that black vs red bull of hers for a good while

dun
Thanks dun. I like that avatar.

JHH":vij1hq8l said:
Really like the looks of him Jeanne. Hope you get a lot of good calves from him.

JHH
We DO have some great calves out of him. Last month or so I posted a few pics of some of his calves that we showed & won with, and also some of the young Oct. born calves. We presently have a bull calf on the NY bull test, so far the top gaining bull out of 56 head of all breeds, 5.05# for 2 weigh periods. Also have two steers in a feedlot program at Cornell, gaining 4.2 & 3.9# with a group of 159 average of 3.3. I will get carcass data on the steers & untra sound info on the bull this spring.
He is a Power Drive son out of Triple C Sweet As U (600U). He was a pregnancy that we purchased.
You can see more info on him in the semen & cattle classifieds on CattleTodays classified section.
This is getting close to advertising so you can PM me if you would like more info. Don't want to get into trouble.
We are VERY excited about him. He has been more than we could ever want. And we have NEVER raised or promoted a bull over about 9 months of age. We are female producers.

Latest posts