3+ week Holstein

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart

Reaction score
My new Holstein is doing fine. 3 quarts of Milk replacer per day twice a day. She is starting to eat calf starter now after the milk replacer from my hand, sucking it down. Should I bottle feed her some water. She is pail trained on the milk replacer. Also, we are suffering with a big fly problem this year. She has too many flys in her stall. I cannot control them. any suggestions>??????????

we get this stuff you put it in a garden sprayer and spray the whole area. always worked well for us. cant think of the name right off hand...

cattleluvr18":1fu5j2cs said:
we get this stuff you put it in a garden sprayer and spray the whole area. always worked well for us. cant think of the name right off hand...

De lice soln, sold in a gallon jug, we do the same thing works real slick, only thing is that it only last for about 2 weeks. The fly powder works also, but do not use both at the same time.

Gail

I had a fly problemI used Eprinex pour on.Used lowest setting & cut that in half. Did calves & dairy goats & cows. NO flies! You can use this on your milk cows NO WITHOLD on milk or meat. After you use it. 2 weeks later do it again. Thats to kill eggs that hatch We also have a guy who comes & fogs the barn. You never see flies in dairy barns that do this.You may want to check this out for cost purposes. I have friends that do this fog. One has a 500cow barn no flies. Another 100 cow barn NO flies.

Latest posts