3 Point Bale Wrappers

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Anyone here with any experience with the 3 point hitch bale wrappers? Mainly interested in the Ag Wrap or Farm Land styles. Won't do enough to justify the expense of a high dollar wrapper, so looking at these types used. Be neat if it could be adapted to the front of a skid steer, too.

Thanks.

We have an Anderson RB200, looks almost identical to the Tubeline jltrent posted above. We use the 1.5 mil plastic just to speed things up. When going it takes less than 2 minutes per bale, but we can only do 17 bales per roll of plastic. Only takes a minute or so to change, but from stopping in the middle of a bale until starting again, it is probably closer to 5 minutes. Biggest downside is it really takes 2 people to be efficient, one on the wrapper and one on the loader. I think we paid $5400 a few years ago.

Thanks, guys.

I'd love to have one that only requires one operator, as I'm by myself most of the time.

I have an AG Wrap 5x5 and it will wrap a bale... Not super pretty bales, not fast, not user friendly, and not convient to operate but it'll get the job done in a pinch. I only use it as a last resort and do everything I can not to need it. For the 500 dollars I paid for it, its perfect lol. I wouldn't pay much more for one.

If I plan on making any quantity of silage I borrow a tube wrapper from a friend.

I have a farmland. It works good, it just is not good with a tractor with a cab or canopy, I raise it to high and hit the cab glass or canopy. I don't have a tractor with out.

turklilley":3t87lj6n said:
I have a farmland. It works good, it just is not good with a tractor with a cab or canopy, I raise it to high and hit the cab glass or canopy. I don't have a tractor with out.

That climate control sucks sometimes.

jltrent":2tcs8cww said:
turklilley":2tcs8cww said:

That climate control sucks sometimes.

No. Climate control is awesome, all the time :D :D :D

I have a neighbor that has a Anderson inline wrapper. I have him wrap close to 1000 bales a year. I bale them 5'x 60" usually and they will weigh 18-2200lbs. He charges me 5$ a bale to wrap them ( I buy the wrap). I keep looking at wrappers, but for that price I'd be nuts to own one. Also, that includes him running the wrapper, so it's like having an extra hand.
I would look into having someone custom wrap for you. You save quite a bit of wrap by going inline, only downfall is you loose the ablitly to move them

Thanks for all of the responses, I appreciate the feedback.

If there was someone local that did custom wrapping I'd much prefer that, but that's not an option.

I bought one of the Farm Land wrappers the other day, so we'll see. It's actually pretty simple construction, just some bearings and hydraulic motors/cylinders as wear points. All of which I can rebuild myself if need be.

Latest posts