3 in 1

Help Support CattleToday:

Dixieangus":q62pjyfi said:
About how much are 3 in 1 running. description: Black,red,Baldy;good 5 to 6 year old nice calf and bred back a month or two.

They are running anywhere from 1100 to 1300 here, I look for that to go up now we have gotten rain.

Caustic Burno":1ylg6api said:
Dixieangus":1ylg6api said:
About how much are 3 in 1 running. description: Black,red,Baldy;good 5 to 6 year old nice calf and bred back a month or two.

They are running anywhere from 1100 to 1300 here, I look for that to go up now we have gotten rain.

We're slightly higher here, but it'll be going up. You can get 3 in 1's at the stockyard of various types for as little as $800 to $1000 but you get what you pay for.

ok thanks couldnt find on the sale reports any pairs or 3 in 1s. cypress those 800 to1000 at the stockyards you were talking about are they decent cows or some old somebody's handme downs. (not saying there is no good cows that go through the stockyards)

Dixieangus":2oatll7z said:
ok thanks couldnt find on the sale reports any pairs or 3 in 1s. cypress those 800 to1000 at the stockyards you were talking about are they decent cows or some old somebody's handme downs. (not saying there is no good cows that go through the stockyards)

Hand me downs. These are cows that are 6 to 8 years old or older, mostly white face mix. If you want prime 3 in 1 's then your gonna have to pay for them. I still think there the best bet - you get money back on the calf real fast. Can't do that with open or bred heifers. You also have "relative" comfort when calving as opposed to buying heifers.

Around here, to get the starting price for 3 in 1's, start with the slaughter price. A good cow at 1100 lbs will bring 65 cents, that is 715 dollars, then if she is good, her calf will weigh at least 300 for her to be bred back in the 1st period, so that is 1.40 per pound or 429 dollars, so the base price for that pair starts at around 1150 dollars. Had a buddy got a good buy at a sale barn during a herd dispersal. He bought twelve, 3 year old black white face cows with 300 lb black calves and bred back in 1st stage. The cows were small----900 lbs, and he paid 1275 per pair. Slaughter and feeder markets make pairs worth more split than most people can pay for the pair. It was a normal Saturday sale, not a special sale, and they made a big mistake selling all 12 pairs together. Lots of people wanted to buy 2 or 3 of the pairs, but just a few people had money to buy all 12. They should have brought another 150 or so per pair had they sold them correctly.

stocky":mydit585 said:
Around here, to get the starting price for 3 in 1's, start with the slaughter price. A good cow at 1100 lbs will bring 65 cents, that is 715 dollars, then if she is good, her calf will weigh at least 300 for her to be bred back in the 1st period, so that is 1.40 per pound or 429 dollars, so the base price for that pair starts at around 1150 dollars. Had a buddy got a good buy at a sale barn during a herd dispersal. He bought twelve, 3 year old black white face cows with 300 lb black calves and bred back in 1st stage. The cows were small----900 lbs, and he paid 1275 per pair. Slaughter and feeder markets make pairs worth more split than most people can pay for the pair. It was a normal Saturday sale, not a special sale, and they made a big mistake selling all 12 pairs together. Lots of people wanted to buy 2 or 3 of the pairs, but just a few people had money to buy all 12. They should have brought another 150 or so per pair had they sold them correctly.
I seen the same thing down here a few weeks ago they ran a nice 6-7 yr old cow/calf pair thru didn't get a bid on her at $900 so they split them cow brought $.62 and weighed 1350 and calf brought $1.36 and weighed 310 the barn owner looked at the crowd and said guys I aint gonna give these pairs away so we will split all of them if you don't want to pay for them split they brought $1258

Latest posts