3 Charolais Sales coming up in Australia

Help Support CattleToday:

Bek

Reaction score
There's 3 premier Charolais sales coming up here in Australia. There's Noller Charolais' 2nd Annual Sale on the 22nd of August with 64 Bulls and 10 Female. Gunnadoo Charolais' 16th Annual Sale on the 26th of August with 51 Bulls and 14 Heifers, and Palgrove Charolais' 22nd Annual Sale on the 25th of August with 132 Purebred Charolais Bulls, 29 Charolais/Shorthorn Bulls and 28 Charolais/Angus Bulls. The Palgrove sale is on the Auctions Plus website, which is http://www.auctionsplus.com.au if anyone wants to have a look.

I may head out to the Gunnadoo Sale cause it's not that far from me, still a fair way but not to far compared to the others and it's on a Saturday.

Palgrove and Gunnadoo are amongst the premier breeders in our country I feel. I'm going to the Palgrove sale for a look. They usually have a crowd of 500/600 at it. The Bondfields who own Palgrove are master promoters of the breed. I give them every credit for what they have done for the breed. other Charolais that I like are Temana,Kandanga Valley,Sedalia and the up and coming Advance Charolais.
There's bound to be a few high prices at Palgrove. They don't have any females this year. Must be stocking up their properties.
Colin from south of the border.

I agreee that Palgrove and Gunnadoo are among the premier breeders in the country and that they are great promoters for the breed, in my opinion they're the 2 best in Queensland. Advance is quite good(winning interbreed female at Beef is definately a start), I went up to Kadanga Valley's last sale while visiting my uncle and from what I've seen their stock are of very high quality, I haven't seen Temana or Sedalia yet however have heard and read many good reports about them. And there's always high prices at Palgrove and Gunnadoo as every animal they offer is just of such high quality.

Latest posts