3 and 1/2 hours straight

Help Support CattleToday:

plumber_greg

Reaction score
I know how on an internet board you can never tell if someone is being honest or not, but I promise this is ligit.
Heat was bad today so Sara and I quit at 2:30. Got home and my hay was being mowed. Stopped and ask Danny if I could mow while he went to my other place and baled. He said, "Sure, mow all you want." Well, I know everyone will be amazed, but I mowed for 3 and 1/2 HOURS STRAIGHT, WITHOUT A BREAK!!!!!
I know everyone will tell me, "Why did you put yourself thorough something like that?" I just couldn't make myself stop. Kept going and going and going. Don't know what the Guiness Book record is for contunious tractor driving, but I bet I'm close to it, if not on top. Of course, I didn't have it verified before I started so it won't count.
Has anyone else heard of someone riding a stupid, boring, nothing to do but mow, can't even get out while working, tractor for 3 and 1/2 HOURS STRAIGHT WITHOUT A BREAK? Has to be the worst job in the world. gs

Greg - where have you been??? That is NOT uncommon for many farmers.
Now, if it was ME - I'd be piled up in the woods on the edge of the field - sound asleep!
Kidding aside - these farmers will go thru the night if they are behind schedule. They pack their food and GO GO GO GO

Wahoo!!! I just heard thunder - maybe, just maybe, we'll get some rain - you know what that is - that wet stuff that's sure been rare.

mowed 40 acres with 1965 ford 4000 gas 40 hp no power steering with 6 ft mower in 16 hours in one day, i was young then about 40 years old so sore the next morning I couldn't hardly move. now I have 14 ft batwing and can average 5 acres an hour, the man who used to cut my hay was in his late fiftes and would cut from sunup to sundown 7 days a weeks, he is a batchlor and that was what he liked doing.

I'm getting the feelin that you guys ain't gonna' help me get my name in the record book. Actually, I've spent my time on tractors, just remember each time why I quit farming in 1980. I remember helping dad plow out some timber sod that had been bulldozed. My tractor was a 9N Ford, pulling 2-14's. Used to get the plow balled up and just keep driving like I didn't see it. Dad would roll me out of bed to help milk, then right after breakfast to the field.
mridge, I'm between Maysville and King City.
Guess if I offer to mow tonight, I won't feel like I'm losing an opportunity to be world famous. We're gonna' put in a 6" sewer main today in what the weatherman is calling the hottest day this year, still will be more fun than sitting on that dam tractor seat. gs

plumber_greg":311ogllo said:
I'm getting the feelin that you guys ain't gonna' help me get my name in the record book. Actually, I've spent my time on tractors, just remember each time why I quit farming in 1980. I remember helping dad plow out some timber sod that had been bulldozed. My tractor was a 9N Ford, pulling 2-14's. Used to get the plow balled up and just keep driving like I didn't see it. Dad would roll me out of bed to help milk, then right after breakfast to the field.
mridge, I'm between Maysville and King City.
Guess if I offer to mow tonight, I won't feel like I'm losing an opportunity to be world famous. We're gonna' put in a 6" sewer main today in what the weatherman is calling the hottest day this year, still will be more fun than sitting on that dam tractor seat. gs
NOT

But I do understand which pays better....

pdfangus":1uol1b5s said:
field work sitting on the tractor was what I used to do for a break from working.

Me, too, and that was on an old Farmall 400. No cab, metal seat, no power steering. Loved it.

Latest posts