2nd Wiley of the week (warning: graphic pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Took my Ico-tec predator call out yesterday evening and shot a coyote but forgot to document it with pics. Went back out this afternoon and called this one in at 4:30 on the dot. 200 yard shot with my 6mm Remington. Yote was facing me. Shot went in the neck behind the ear and exited between the rear legs. 90 Gr. Nosler ballistic tip handloads.

Entry point:
IMAG0165.jpg

Exit point:
IMAG0166.jpg

Typical Tennessee coyote. 40 lb female with a terrible quality hide......now with a big hole in it.
IMAG0164.jpg

You are the only guy I know that could blow a coyotes balls clean off from 200 yards.

He was trotting through the corrals in October. 260 yards through a bar wire fence and the gate. Had to shoot what I could see. .223
7eea04104411d71682adc704842ddb9b.jpg

I got tickled with this one. It came running across a field with his lunch in his mouth. He turned a flip over the leg and landed on the other side of the leg and it still clutched in his mouth.

IMG_1712d.jpg

highgrit":2eaazkaq said:
These came by one morning while I was deer hunting.
A .280 works on varmints also.
2012-11-01_12-31-49_268.jpg

The .280 worked great! It is an under-rated cartridge in my opinion.

That one on the bottom has an interesting coat color / texture. Maybe mixed with dog???

Isomade":21i53tv7 said:
You are the only guy I know that could blow a coyotes balls clean off from 200 yards.

Jogeephus taught me how to shoot........it was really 500 yards but I didn't think anybody would believe me. It was running flat out through the brush in a 40 mph crosswind :mrgreen: ...........that is no :bs: ...... :lol:

Jogeephus":2ftd02o9 said:
I got tickled with this one. It came running across a field with his lunch in his mouth. He turned a flip over the leg and landed on the other side of the leg and it still clutched in his mouth.

IMG_1712d.jpg
That is a nice, healthy looking yote Jo. He must have been munching down on deer carcasses pretty regular.

HOSS":6m8dxr5e said:
Isomade":6m8dxr5e said:

Jogeephus taught me how to shoot........it was really 500 yards but I didn't think anybody would believe me. It was running flat out through the brush in a 40 mph crosswind :mrgreen: ...........that is no :bs: ...... :lol:
and I bet you propped your gun up on your big toe, and made a running shot on five coyotes, and killed everyone of them with one shot. But the vaulters got to the other 4 before you could up there...right? ;-)

Sim, I have learned to put salt on my bullets so that the carcasses are preserved and won't rot before I can walk over to them. Sometimes I have to go get my truck and take the interstate just to save time :lol2:

Isomade":31y3e5bu said:
He was trotting through the corrals in October. 260 yards through a bar wire fence and the gate. Had to shoot what I could see. .223
7eea04104411d71682adc704842ddb9b.jpg

I notice the bucket is empty. I did the same thing when I was shooting at a coyote but to a 1000 gallon tank. :oops:

Latest posts