2nd stillborn from same cow

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
needless to say..shes gonna be freezered soon as she gains some wieght back

never really bagged up...claf was alive inside her..seen it kicking a week or so prior. hiefer too..go figure..
same cow did same thing last yr..was her first last yr tho so i gave her another shot at it...

ya only go round twice round here kids

younger cow so she oughtta eat fine.....

vet siad save my money on the nercropsy unless we get a few of em....well hell i only got a dozen cows..a few of em will break me...lets hope it was the cow

and it was cold and raining right after a front ona full moon...go figure

gary

Bummer.
depressed.gif

Did she try to clean the calf or anything? That is so disappointing.

she hid it but i knew she had it cuz she had shrunk..i had to go find it and it was dead already..looked good other then not breathing and stone cold

dieselbeef":2knjxdkz said:
vet siad save my money on the nercropsy unless we get a few of em....
gary

DB, now is the time to start looking down the road for some stuff that might show up in your herd, not disagreeing with your vet, just saying this may not be the end of it. Vet knows some stuff doesn't test out well.
Sorry you lost the calf.

chippie":uj052nqq said:
Was it by the same bull as the first one?

It's a pretty thin line to try to connect one cow in the herd losing her first two calves back to the bull.
Some cows just have difficulties carrying a calf to full term. You see this pretty often when you give a heifer a second chance, next thing you know, you have carried her 3 years, she hasn't made you a dime

yepper..thats the way...

i didnt make it from the bull...all the rst of em calfed okay.

she'll pay me back when i sell her for beef @ 2.50lb

Latest posts